Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Midnight 0 Deer 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 09:16 AM
GibsonSG05
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow glad your OK. It's always good to hear that you were able to keep your bike up. I hit a small rabbit the other day and didn't know what to expect.

Did you slam on your brakes at all? ABS? How fast were you going when you hit the deer?

Old 11-11-2014, 09:29 AM
Frank the Real Biker
Road Master
Received 861 Likes on 321 Posts

Dayum! Glad you came out the winner in that contest. Hope your painter is still around, too. It's not easy duplicating another artist's work.

The deer are like cockroaches around here in eastern KS. We have some acreage on which I've planted about 30 small trees in the last couple years. Stupid deer have been stripping the bark off of them and/or eating the branches at night. Yesterday I glanced out the back window...about 11:00 AM...and a frickin' buck was wandering through our property and checking out the "buffet." I opened the window and yelled and he took off like a AA Fueler at the Summer Nationals.

I'm thinking about sitting on our deck with the AR and waiting for the critters to meander on our property and then letting 'em have it. Then dragging their no-good flea-bitten carcass off into the woods with the truck. OK. That'd be illegal and I doubt I'd do it, but talking about it makes me feel better.

<Yosemite Sam voice on> "Ah hates them fur bearin' critters." <Yosemite Sam voice off>

Not like I have an opinion on deer or anything.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:38 AM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

You are lucky! Had a deer run in front of my truck last night...it was a close call,but not quite as close as your experience.... Glad you are ok.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:47 AM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Saw 6 Friday night on a 40 mile trip. This cool weather really has them moving.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:55 AM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We saw a bunch of deer last weekend in the hills around Lake Lanier. Happily, none were suicidal, feeling the need to leap in front of us.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:59 PM
scooterbum46
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Damn...... glad your OK .... thought you'd hit a tractor!

Old 11-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Padre
Supporter

Received 1,233 Likes on 534 Posts

Wow, so glad you are ok. Your bike can be fixed easier than you can be!

It's also the beginning of hunting season in a lot of areas so the deer will be moving around a lot more and pretty jumpy for a while.

Again, glad you are ok!!

Old 11-11-2014, 10:30 PM
ejwmiller
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

yeah it's breeding time for them. I live about a 90 miles south of where you are and they are out in full force. glad you are ok. I constantly look for them while riding at night around here. And this time of year the bucks have their nose to the ground and don't care whats coming at them. They have their mind on one thing and it ain't food.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:07 AM
teeroy_
Road Warrior
Received 266 Likes on 138 Posts

we have them thick around here too. come close on the bike, spudded several with the vehicles.

now they just bounce off

Old 11-12-2014, 04:09 AM
UltraSteveUSAF
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

I was going between 40-50 had slowed down from 55 cause I knew I was in an area where I may be swerving wanted to be ready. Saw him on the side of the road and then all of a sudden right in front of me. It was so fast. I just went loose on the grip and as soon as I no longer felt impact I came to a stop. I am very thankful that I'm walking and talking. Adjuster will be out today to look at the bike. Front end and right side have all the damage. There's one mark on the frame that the HD dealer is concerned about.

Quick Reply: Midnight 0 Deer 1