Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new rear reflectors after smoked upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014 | 01:42 PM
Treif
|
Intermediate
Default new rear reflectors after smoked upgrade

Today I upgraded my rear tail light and turn signals to smoked LED's. However, I am no longer legal since I don't have any rear facing red reflectors. There is a bolt that holds the saddlebag brackets to the frame looks like a good spot to add a reflector. Thoughts? What have other people done?

Old 10-28-2014 | 03:58 PM
Crimson
Road Master

Glad we don't have to put up with that nonsense here in Florida.. I'm a little confused though. On my Ultra I am am not aware of any rear facing reflectors of any color.. you had a red tail light, amber turn signals.. and red lights on the tour pack if you have it.

Now if the CA rules state your LENSES must be Red, I guess that could be problematic.. not sure why it would matter since if your bike is running the lights all appear red or amber..

I added red-reflectors to my license plate bolts.. they give them away at rallies or your dealer may have them.. they are just little red circles reflectors which hold the plate in place instead of the screws.. would that work?

Old 10-28-2014 | 04:24 PM
Damn_Yankee
Cruiser

Maybe a strip of reflective tape on your tag will keep you legal without having to put anything directly on the bike.

Old 10-29-2014 | 02:31 PM
Treif
|
Intermediate

they stock lens is also reflective. The law wants you to have a reflector in case you break down on the side of the road. I want to add something between the saddlebags and the frame. Mabe attached to that bolt or bracket. Tape would work too but want it to be subtle and look nice.

Old 10-29-2014 | 02:44 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Treif
they stock lens is also reflective. The law wants you to have a reflector in case you break down on the side of the road. I want to add something between the saddlebags and the frame. Mabe attached to that bolt or bracket. Tape would work too but want it to be subtle and look nice.
Do you have a pic?
What about a small 1" strip red reflective tape on the bottom edge of the fender ?

Old 10-29-2014 | 05:40 PM
AGSURFR
Tourer

<<<@!1!@>>>

Amazon.com: Chris Products Bolt-On Reflectors - Red: Automotive Amazon.com: Chris Products Bolt-On Reflectors - Red: Automotive

Should also be able to grab them at AutoZone Pep Boys or any other car place