Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought klock werks 8.5 to replace LRS 10, not impressed

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 01:19 AM
adelii
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought klock werks 8.5 to replace LRS 10, not impressed

I was tricked by Klock Werks advertising, how the windshield has better handling and clean air. Not really convinced compared to my LRS 10 incher.

kind of sucks because i really wanted my glasses to stay put and not vibrate to much while i ride. I really got more wind protection from the simple recurve from lrs then the distorted flared windshield from KW.

anybody else feel the same?

im 5'10" and look right over the LRS. i think i can get a 9"

all my money is going to windshields SMH

Last edited by adelii; 10-28-2014 at 01:21 AM. Reason: mispelling
Old 10-28-2014, 02:47 AM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

Thanks for the feedback, coming from a future windshield buyer.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:16 AM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

ive had a 8.5 kw for a year and love it. I couldnt keep a knit cap on before but now it stays on my head no problem. ive also tried the cigar trick like they talk about on there website. Yes it worked. shockingly the ash didnt blow off. I also noticed you went from a 10 inch to a 8.5 inch so your comparing apples to oranges. Im also 6' 1 tall. most of the air that i feel now comes up from the fork area just above the lowers.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:17 AM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

If you want a 9" then hold your stock shield on top of your LRS 10" so it's 1" up from the bottom and trace it with an all. Cut/dremel tool 1" off and winner winner chicken dinner.

Oh yea and sell the KW shield...

Old 10-28-2014, 08:35 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Well I have a 6 1/2 KW and it's my best shield. I have a LRS...8 or 9..can't recall. I do like the LRS also--it serves its purpose well. But this goes to show that there is no "one" shield that is the best for "everyone" and I hope people don't buy/not-buy due to a particular shield not working for someone.

I'll be testing a 8 inch KW soon to see where it falls in my sight line...thats how much I like my 6 1/2.
And as someone else said...you're comparing a 10 inch to a 8 inch...that's a huge difference. Even an inch makes a difference. Yes...I get a calmer pocket of air with my taller LRS but my KW is MONEY

Old 10-28-2014, 09:18 AM
Wideglide103
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sfcmo357
Well I have a 6 1/2 KW and it's my best shield. I have a LRS...8 or 9..can't recall. I do like the LRS also--it serves its purpose well. But this goes to show that there is no "one" shield that is the best for "everyone" and I hope people don't buy/not-buy due to a particular shield not working for someone.

I'll be testing a 8 inch KW soon to see where it falls in my sight line...thats how much I like my 6 1/2.
And as someone else said...you're comparing a 10 inch to a 8 inch...that's a huge difference. Even an inch makes a difference. Yes...I get a calmer pocket of air with my taller LRS but my KW is MONEY

I've been wanting to try 6 1/2" KW on my SG. I see in your sig, you have the PY 12" MBB. Any fitment issues with KW Shield? I don't much care for the looks of the 8 1/2" KW, but I guess it has it's purpose. Been also wanting to try a LRS 7" ultra shield but really like the looks of the smaller KW.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:26 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 727 Likes on 486 Posts

I liked mine too.. Get a bigger head so the glasses fit better

Old 10-28-2014, 09:52 AM
bigbluewolf
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wideglide103
I've been wanting to try 6 1/2" KW on my SG. I see in your sig, you have the PY 12" MBB. Any fitment issues with KW Shield? I don't much care for the looks of the 8 1/2" KW, but I guess it has it's purpose. Been also wanting to try a LRS 7" ultra shield but really like the looks of the smaller KW.
I'll jump in and respond. I have the 6.5 KW and 12" MBB and there definitely are no fitment issues. Incidentally, at one point I had the 8.5 KW and the 6.5 KW. I purchased the 8.5 first and it provided a little cleaner pocket...If I were a smoker, I could smoke behind that thing. However, with the 6.5 I feel just enough to where its pleasant and doesn't feel as if the wind is tugging at my helmet. I could have kept the 8.5 but I didn't really care for the taller look very much. Also for reference, I'm 6'2.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:07 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Wideglide103
No issues even when I had them pushed forward. Mine are rotated back about an inch now for my own comfort

Old 10-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Raddazzz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 8 inch tinted klockwerks on my ultra and wouldnt buy anything else. I look right over the top edge and feel hardly any wind. I can even wear a ball cap frontwards under 45 lol..yes there is distortion on the lower sides when you look thru it.

Quick Reply: Bought klock werks 8.5 to replace LRS 10, not impressed