Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street glide or Heritage?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007 | 06:41 PM
hobbes2
|
Cruiser
Default Street glide or Heritage?

Posted on the softails a while ago but thought I would ask here to. Anyone go from a softail to street glide. Like the rubber mount motor in the glide . Think it handles better in the corners? I like the black but worry about the maint. and scratching during maint, any comments about that? The heritage fits a bit better out of the box with taller bars, but i could get taller bars on the sg. Heritage has bbetter color options . Pros cons What do you all think?

Old 04-12-2007 | 06:56 PM
cwilks
Banned
Default RE: Street glide or Heritage?

uhhhhh, I'm going with the SG

Old 04-12-2007 | 07:07 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member

If your going to ride most of the time IN-TOWN or Shorter Rides - Heritage Softail

If your going to do any serious riding (Touring) - Any Dresser

If your want to do any serious Touring - Ckeck out a Road Glide [8D]

Old 04-12-2007 | 07:13 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master

Where will you do most of your riding? Touring? Just cruising? If you plan on lots of highway miles, buy the Glide. Protection is better, heavier bike, lockable saddlebags. But you can't beat the Heritage for cruising and the odd weekend jaunt out of town. Resale is stellar on the Heritage, too. Black is about as classic as it gets on a Harley.......yeah, it shows dust but no big deal. Either bike looks great in Vivid Black.

Old 04-12-2007 | 08:01 PM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master

Street Glide

Old 04-12-2007 | 08:08 PM
hobbes2
|
Cruiser

I own 2 black bikes now but there is a whole lot more black painted surface Fairing , bags ,ect... on the sg to scrach up under normal cleaning and riding . Most of my riding is local with a once a month 4 to 6 hour road trip. Not crazy about the cold winter wind around town so i generally leave the shield on my current bike. The heritage does fit better stock than the sg for some reason , seems roomier.

Old 04-12-2007 | 08:21 PM
06BlackFLHXI
Tourer

My neighbor 2 door down has a Heritage Classic and we have tried each other's bike a few times. Hands down the SG comes out on top, much better ride, many more options, much better looking. The only area that he has me beaten is in the storage dept. You can put alot more junk in those studded leather saddle bags than the hard ones. Another thing i dont like is on a corner his engine doesnt vibrate, idont know but for me thats part of the charm. Good luck on your choice.

Old 04-12-2007 | 08:25 PM
Rocket Jockey
Tourer

I have a riding buddy that had an EG Ultra that he sold and bought a Heritage. Helikes the look of the Heritage but said for longer trips he wants his Ultra back.

You mentioned that the Heritage seemed more roomy than the SG. I know you didn't ask about the Road Glide but if you are interested in a bagger, at least sit on one. It is has a roomier feel than the EG's in my opinion, is a great road bike and can be made quite sporty looking, like the SG. The Heritage bars are also a popular change made on RG's. It might surprise you!!

It is all personal preference. Good luck!!

RJ

Old 04-12-2007 | 08:39 PM
KansasHog
Road Captain

Went from a Heritage Classic to a Street Glide and I dont plan on goin back!!

Old 04-12-2007 | 09:13 PM
JEFE
Elite HDF Member

I went from a Sportster to a Street Glide

Quick Reply: Street glide or Heritage?