Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anybody point me to a ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 04:50 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anybody point me to a ...

good reliable indy on the Virginia Peninsula near Hampton- Newport News? Looking for someone on my side of the water..
Thanks.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:40 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Can anybody point me to a ...

Ok, I figure most crap out but [sm=wtf.gif]is a indy?

Old 04-12-2007, 07:38 PM
jakedog
Road Warrior

I think he means an independent mechanic

Old 04-12-2007, 08:40 PM
smknflms
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

..what are you looking at getting done?
Later

Old 04-13-2007, 01:47 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I have a set of new wheels and tires coming from Shooter64 and I need somewhere to get them installed. Dealer wants 2 or 3 hours labor, seems high and I will never get the top wrench for this job.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:12 AM
smknflms
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

..are tires mounted and balanced? if so just do them yourself..pretty easy job.
Later

Old 04-14-2007, 01:22 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigdaddy11311

I have a set of new wheels and tires coming from Shooter64 and I need somewhere to get them installed. Dealer wants 2 or 3 hours labor, seems high and I will never get the top wrench for this job.
I did mine myself. Put the bike on a stand and get after it. Remember the orientation of the spacers and the rest is a no-brainer. This way not one single scratch was allowed on my wheels. I padded the brake calipers with thick rags.Removed the rear inside brake pad for easy installation of the back wheel. Make sure to mark the cam locations on the rear wheel to make it easier when re-installing, as this will aid in belt tension if you do not have a belt tension gauge.

Post if you need help.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:38 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Hey, thanks but if I wanted to do it myself, I wouldn't ask for a place to do it, now would I? Even if I had the time to do this, I have no desire to. I donlt know how else to explain this other than to say I am not the one to do this job! What difference does it make to anyone else if I want to pay someone to work on my bike, my cars, my house, etc etc etc? I am not the least bit mechanical nor do I wish to be. God gives us all talents, that is not one of mine, although I have many mechanical ability is not one of them. Thats ok. I thank God above that when I need something done I can research and pay someone to do it. If we all fixed our own chit, who would work for a living doing these things? Time is a precious commodity and I would rather spend mine with my wife, my kids, my family than wrenching. Truth is I'd rather read a good book while someone is fixing my stuff than fix it. There is nothing wrong with that, IMO. I am glad you guys enjoy working on your bikes, I do not. Please do not try to convince me otherwise. What I asked for was a recommendation to a mechanic in my area. It is a shame I can't get a straight answer to the question I asked.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:57 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigdaddy11311

Hey, thanks but if I wanted to do it myself, I wouldn't ask for a place to do it, now would I? Even if I had the time to do this, I have no desire to. I donlt know how else to explain this other than to say I am not the one to do this job! What difference does it make to anyone else if I want to pay someone to work on my bike, my cars, my house, etc etc etc? I am not the least bit mechanical nor do I wish to be. God gives us all talents, that is not one of mine, although I have many mechanical ability is not one of them. Thats ok. I thank God above that when I need something done I can research and pay someone to do it. If we all fixed our own chit, who would work for a living doing these things? Time is a precious commodity and I would rather spend mine with my wife, my kids, my family than wrenching. Truth is I'd rather read a good book while someone is fixing my stuff than fix it. There is nothing wrong with that, IMO. I am glad you guys enjoy working on your bikes, I do not. Please do not try to convince me otherwise. What I asked for was a recommendation to a mechanic in my area. It is a shame I can't get a straight answer to the question I asked.
Oh....Ok.....sorry for suggesting and offering tips. Believe me it WON'T happen again.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:38 AM
brokenfingers
Advanced

Don't be bashful, just shout it right out how you really feel, there's no use in being shy... holy toledo.

Quick Reply: Can anybody point me to a ...