Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RKC vs Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 09:00 PM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RKC vs Ultra

Roadking all the way. I don't like the view from behind the fairing or the extra weight it adds to the bike. I have a classic and it handle real great even when driving slow around town.. the ultra is kind of top heavy in my opinion. Also like the one guy said.. you have so many options when it comes to the king... you can remove the windshield and have a totally differnet looking and feeling bike. Comfort wise ... it doesn't cost much to buy a new seat. My classic seat stock seems pretty comfortable to me. I'm might end up gettingthe stitch seat for my ol-lady if she wants it. Either way both bikes are made to eat up the miles... you'll enjoy whichever one you buy.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your loaded with money? Heck, get the Road King and buy all the fixin's to dude it all up to an Ultra.

Its not cheap.This is NOT something that I would recommend anyone to do, unless they want to keep theRK for EVER!

I would have made out better buying (2) complete motorcycles from what I went through.

I "Strongly" suggest that you look REAL hard at that Ultra and compare the costs of putting stuff onto a RKC.

You will not break even with the RKC. And the Ultra does not look all that bad, if it did why did I try and turn mine RK in to one?

And for comparison, who do you know that has kept any motorcycle they have bought completely 100% Stock.

You will be money ahead getting a CVO Ultra Classic loaded. For what I've got in mine I could have had one.

If you really want the RKC, I can give you some ideas as to how you can turn it into an Ultra if you want!

Old 04-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Quickie
Cruiser

It looks like we are starting to have a hell of a debate here. The wife and I decided on the RKC, for comfort. We found that on the ultra we were compressed to close together on long rides. Also the Ultra was really hot to ride in the summer. We can go back and forth for ever, but they are both great bikes. If comfort is the issue, I do not agree that the ultra is better. If you can, ride both like we did and decide for yourself. Rent one if you have to, it would be worth the money in the long run. So to all of you "Ultra all the way guys" Ya if your 80. Ha Ha just kidding. Good luck.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had both too...actually had 2 RKs...Have an electraglide classic now & love it ! (don't get me wrong...the RKs and sweet too)

Old 04-12-2007, 11:10 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had it to do again, I'd go Ultra, would have been cheaper.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for all the input guys. Really appreciate it!

Rax

Old 04-13-2007, 12:51 AM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

My wife likes to say "she" bought the Ultra. We had purchased a used Standard (batwing fairing, otherwise same as a Road King) with a passenger backrest on it. Three weeks later she spied the Ultra at the HD dealer and said she wanted that one!

Fortunately, the dealer was willing to refund the full price of the Standard and apply it to the Ultra and all I had to do was ante up another $8,000!! Do I love my wife or what? She was lots more comfy on the Ultra, especially after I bought the tour pack extended mount. Sadly, her arthritis got worse and she isn't able to ride much more than a 100 miles anymore. But I can!![8D]

Old 04-13-2007, 01:13 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Ride both and then decide. The suspension is a no-brainer and goes with either. Both nice setups, tough decision.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:13 AM
harris48cars
Road Master

If you are a big fat slob and your wife is too, then I say stay away from the Ultra as you will be wedged in that bike or at least your wife will be. At the very least, the both of you should sit on the bike together before making a final decision.
Gary

Old 04-13-2007, 07:17 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

You could always move the tour trunk back on the ultra to give you more room. I own a rk custom and love it. But I know when the kids are grown enough for us to do a little touring, we will buy an ultra. There is no doubt in my mind that the ultra is the ultimate touring hd. I do like that I can remove things or add them back quickly on my bike for different looks, and I do every week, depending on the mood I am in.

Think about how much touring verses in town riding you will do. Also, I love music and ride with my mp3 every time. It would be nice to have a radio. So this may be a factor to consider for yourself. Just My Opinion.

Quick Reply: RKC vs Ultra