Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RKC vs Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 01:28 PM
ultraultra
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RKC vs Ultra

Looks like the Ultra is winning! I love mine, and the wife is spoiled because of it. We rented a Street Glide for 4 days. I LOVED it, the wife HATED it. No backrest, and smaller seat. You can get a detachable tour pack, but by the time you go to all that expense (plus other "essentials"), you are almost at the Ultra price anyway. You will NOT be disapointed in the ride. The fairing is GREAT. Only problem I have is my speed. I don't look at gauges that often (I watch the road), When I DO look down, I find I'm doing 20-30 MPH OVER the limit. These babies are flat out SMOOOOOOOOOTH!

Old 04-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the advice folks. Looks like the Ultra is a clear favorite when it comes to mama's comfort.[sm=kissykissy.gif]

Rax

Old 04-12-2007, 03:32 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a RK Classic and love it. I rented an Ultra last month for a week and rode about 1400 miles in 5 days with the wife on the back the whole time. Let's put it this way....she likes the back of the Ultra much more. I do mostly solo riding so the RK is great. If the time comes where I'll be a lot of 2 up riding, I'd probably go to the Ultra. But I LOVE my RK.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:24 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

If touring and riding 2 up is your thing it's no contest. Ultra.
RK's are really nice bikes but if comfort for your passenger is an issue,
by the time you add a tour pak and comfortable seat you'll be close to Ultra money. As said earlier you can quick detach the Ultra tp and make it look like a Street Glide or EG Standard.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:29 PM
sedbiker62
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My signature says it all. Most recent ride listed first.

Steve[sm=icon_rock.gif]
The AMSOIL Guy

Old 04-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RK + Tour Pack (TP)

That's how I had my 2000 RK setup and the wife loved it. That's also why I'm setting up my 07 SG with the full size TP and passenger boards as well.

I went with the SG for the mounted fairing and extra electronics this time. I didn't want the permanently affixed trunk on the UC, so the tour pack suits my needs perfectly. TP on for two up, off for solo.

Going the UC + adding quick release hardware puts you a couple of grand over the RK + TP route.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:01 PM
UMCGENERAL
Advanced

I would say it depends on how much $$ you have. I have a RK Classic and love it. It is almost paid off, which is nice. I have the detachable tour pak for the lil lady and she is fine with it. I also just bought a Dragonfly detachable fairing for the long trip with a stereo. When I ride in town, I take off the fairing or windshield. Nothing like having the wind in your face! I alsohave Wildone Inc. handlebars that put you back in the driving seat!

So...my suggestion is to get RK Classic. Same frame as the ULtra. You have 3 bikes in one with the addition of tour pak and fairing. You may have a little more up front cost, but you have flexibilty on how you want the bike to look depending on where your riding. In town or out on a trip.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:34 PM
RustyCor
Cruiser

Ultra...all the way!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,316 Likes on 6,127 Posts

Ultra definatley, by the way, what is up with that avatar pic? What the hell is that? It kinda freaks me out a little.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:54 PM
thumper05
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ultraclassic..nuff said

Quick Reply: RKC vs Ultra