Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warranty question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:59 AM
lottinala
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warranty question

what i was wanting to know is if i go with the fullsac true duals will it effect my warrenty. beings i have a 07 and they come with 2 year warranty i dont want to give the dealer any reason to f%%k with my warranty.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: warranty question

Your best bet is to call several dealers in your area. Once you get a "no" get it in writing and do your mod.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:09 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Basically same answer, call your selling dealer. I doubt it would void your warranty, but it is best to check.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:04 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

True answer, yes it will.That is if they wanted to. And no dealer in the world will give you a no void warranty go ahead in writing for somebody elses aftermarket parts. Its spelled out very clear in the harley wording that any changes to any parts not listed in their parts catalog as being 50 state legal will void your warranty. However none of the dealers in my area will void a warranty unless the parts you have installed could be the cause of the falure. Its sort of a catch 22, most anything short of going into the motor that is done right will not void your warranty at the majority of dealers but if you had a major breakdown harley could use their very clear wording to deny you if they wanted to be hard nosed.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:12 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

They also lean in your favor if they do the work

Old 04-12-2007, 01:25 PM
gordo24fan
Tourer

Most dealers will tell you it voids entire warranty. There are laws that protect you against that though. Unless they can prove your mod caused the problem they don't have the right to void your warranty.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

Here is a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

Old 04-12-2007, 01:27 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: gordo24fan

Most dealers will tell you it voids entire warranty. There are laws that protect you against that though. Unless they can prove your mod caused the problem they don't have the right to void your warranty.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

Here is a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

They dont have to prove your mod caused it, just that the mod could have caused it or other parts to fail resulting in the falure.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The answer is "yes"if the MOCO can prove that the installation of that exhaust caused the failure. It does not matter if you install HD parts or aftermarket parts. The dealers words in writing is only good at that dealer. MOCO is the one paying. However look into the Magnussen-Moss act of 1975. It protects the consumer in this position.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:46 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

Harley also covers their **** well with their wording in their selling agreement as the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act states must be done, the 07 year has it spelled out in very clear words. It is explained over and over in the parts catalog in the legal and crossed flag parts for anything that could effect warranty. Harleys legal department you can bet is top notch and in a warranty battle act or no act you better have deep pockets to try and fight them over a denied falure. Remember a warranty only covers defects and falures.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:23 PM
badlandr
Road Captain

Just keep the old pipes and if you need warrenty work done put them back on and deny ever replacing them.
They can't prove you did.

Quick Reply: warranty question