Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Classic solo for Roadking

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 06:17 PM
fattboy
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin Classic solo for Roadking

Hello, I dont visit here that often and I have a question about the Corbin Classic solo and was wondering if some one could answer it for me..if its already been discussed I apologize for re hashing it.. What I need to know is if the Classic solo for the 1997 / 2005 Roadkings will fit a 2004 Roadking custom? If anyone can help me with this I'd appreciate it. Thank you ..........

Old 10-15-2014, 06:42 PM
somorkc
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the seat will fit but, the nose of the seats are to long. 06 flhx is the seats you need to look for. our dash on the custom is longer than classic. that's what I got from most seat companies.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:54 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by somorkc
the seat will fit but, the nose of the seats are to long. 06 flhx is the seats you need to look for. our dash on the custom is longer than classic. that's what I got from most seat companies.
Not true, here is a pic of a Corbin Solo that was made for a 06 Streetglide. on my 05 RK Custom.
I had it on my 05 FLHT with the Streetglide dash on it (fit was ok). I sold the FLHT, but kept the seat because it cost so damn much.
When I put it on my 05 RK Custom, this is how it now fits!
It looks like it could be brought back a bit and down to fit the dash better, but that would involve redoing the mounting hardware from Corbin.
The older style Corbin RK seat might fit better (with the old style 2 bolt rear mounting hardware with the tongue on the front (more adjustability) , but with the new locking hardware with the fixed pin in front, not so well..

I have tried everything possible with adjusting the existing hardware, but this is as good as I could get it. It looks like crap, and someday I will redo the hardware to make it fit better..Looks like if I drill another hole for the front mounting pin, and elongate the holes on the rear mount, I might get it to fit better.

To the OP "What I need to know is if the Classic solo for the 1997 / 2005 Roadkings will fit a 2004 Roadking custom? If anyone can help me with this I'd appreciate it."

Yes, I think the classic 97-2005 rk seat (the seat with the tongue front mount) will fit better than my 06 streeglide seat does on my 05. but to get it right, you need the seat MADE FOR the RK Custom. The Custom dash is thicker and slightly longer than the Streetglide dash is, that's part of the problem. Does this makes sense? haha

Old 10-15-2014, 10:55 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

If you want a perfect fit, you have to get one for the '04 - '07 FLHRS. I have one on my '07. Looks good, fits good, feels good. Good luck.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:11 AM
rheology1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the hijack...I'm considering a classic solo for my 14 SG. How go y'all like the comfort of these seats compared to stock?

Old 10-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

Mine is awesome, much better than stock.
I did have it made with softer foam from the Corbin factory.
Their normal foam and leather is hard as a rock if you ask me.
Using softer base foam makes all the difference.
There is also the fact that to have a stitched pattern, like my flames on the seat,
they use another layer of foam over the base to make the stitched sections pop.
That adds to the comfort and the appearance factor.
Now,if i can just get the damn thing to fit better, I would be all set!