Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best performing 2-1 exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014 | 04:34 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by JCleary
Ummm, no. There is a "best" but you'll have varying opinions on what it is.

Based on my circle of friends, by far the best performer is a D&D Boarzilla. Thunderheader X-series is a close second. At lease on big inch motors tuned for all-out performance. One of the local tuners really likes the Supertrapp 2-1. Regular Thunderheaders have a torque dip, same with Bassani.

Really it's about sound, fit and finish. My personal preference is a standard Thunderheader, as I think there isn't a better sounding pipe on the market (and performance is pretty good with the right dyno guy).

I can vouch for the quality of the D&D. I don't think anything else even comes close.
You crack me up.

Old 10-07-2014 | 04:38 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by qtrracer
You crack me up.
I try ;-)

Sometimes it's fun to be a wiseass lol.

Old 10-07-2014 | 11:36 PM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior

like most have said, most all the 2-1's will perform very well.....

For what it is worth, Wolfgang in Baytown, TX is a power making builder - he just is. Every bike I saw in his shop a couple weeks ago all had D&D's on them......

I also like D&D for the dummy pipe option......

Old 10-08-2014 | 06:41 AM
harley7316
Road Captain

got a rinehart 2into 1 on 2011 street glide no complaints here

Old 10-08-2014 | 07:23 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob
Dragos

X3 for Dragos

Old 10-08-2014 | 07:37 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior

Really, there's not a one size fits all.
the thunderheader guys put together a good write up on how exhaust affect the performance of a motorcycle. heres the attachment.
http://www.thunderheader.net/tech.php
It's a match game. Intake, cams, ignition, exhaust.
easy to **** in your mess kit by miss matching.

Old 10-08-2014 | 12:30 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member

I have a Bassani B4 and I would not recommend it. It scrapes pretty easy. I am on an Ultra so on a Street Glide or Road Glide Custom it would really scrape. I have ground a good chunk of the heatshield down. Also, it gets pretty hot at the bend. That doesn't bother me but my wife's foot gets really hot unless we are moving along. It sounds and performs great though.

Old 10-08-2014 | 01:30 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Cool

Originally Posted by madmustang4
havent seen any head to head test results, but would think the SuperTrapp Supermeg produces the best torque numbers.
I'm very happy with mine as well.

The word 'best' gets over-used IMHO. If any tests were done on those available I suspect there would be little to chose between them, especially for the normal range of street tunes.

Old 10-08-2014 | 03:43 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member

Hmmmmm, FuelMoto 2 into 1 with the new E-series maybe???????

Prefer the true dual sound but don't want to give up any low end torque and don't want to be much louder than stock. Don't care for the single muffler look on a Ultra.....but I'm getting to where I can tolerate it easier than before. (just don't look at the bike from behind seems to help) Can't see adding a muffler just for looks either. Therefore, I've been on the fence as to what to change to for over a year now............just another one of life's big dilemmas!

Old 10-08-2014 | 06:14 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Riders Club Member

I ran D&D for years, but I recently went with a Drago's S/C/S S-4 for Dressers. It is somewhat quieter than the D&D, but it has a very nice sound. He also has the Dragula and the Dragula Fang, both are 3 step performance pipes. All of his exhaust are ceramic coated inside and out which makes them run much cooler than non-coated pipes. He also has a couple of offerings that he isn't advertising on his website, dragosbikeworks.com, so if I was you and wanted the best he has to offer I would call him. Another nice thing about his pipes are that they cost from the mid $600's to the mid $700's. Less than many of the other performance exhaust.

Quick Reply: Best performing 2-1 exhaust?