Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone wired a tribar light to an Electraglide?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 08:01 PM
All Aces
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Has anyone wired a tribar light to an Electraglide?

I am putting the SG style rear facia on my 2010 Electraglide after removing the stock running light. I have a tri bar light from a street glide which on a SG connects to the harness up under the seat. That connector also fits my harness which goes to my tour pak and works. I am wondering if anyone has connected a tri bar light to the connector in the tail light where the stock electra glide running light was.(top left socket) I don't know why it wouldn't but would like to hear from someone who has done this before I cut the wires and put a new connector on. What concerns me is why doesn't the SG connect there. If you get the LED from Custom Dynamics to does plug into the tail light.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 259 Likes on 127 Posts

I didn't do it myself, but here's a StreetGlide lightbar on my 2011 Limited Ultra. If you want, I can PM you the name & number of the guy who did mine.

Attached Thumbnails Has anyone wired a tribar light to an Electraglide?-jims-bike2.jpg   Has anyone wired a tribar light to an Electraglide?-jims-bike3.jpg  
Old 10-06-2014, 10:03 PM
All Aces
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, I have put that same bar on mine and tonight I may have answered my own question. When I put that bar on it plugs into the conector which was used by the running light. I guess the only was to keep from going to the harness under the seat would be to solder the tri bar wires to the turn signal bar wires and ise the same connector.