Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a bit bummed out...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 01:34 AM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a bit bummed out...

Here's the deal, As you all may or may not know, I started out with an 04 EGS, then traded for an 06 Ultra (both used) Then got the 07 SG and I really
love my bike... Made it my on with some upgrades...
This has been a real dream of mine to have a harley, my Dad had a bunch of them, So here I am with my new Dream and NoOne, Family or friends has had
a thing to say about it, I have a brother with a Goldwing, a son with a Suzuki, and can't get them to go anywhere.. I was at my Brothers today and suggested us
take a day and ride to Austin, He looked at me crazy, (He would'nt ride more that 20 miles) And the Harley bashing is getting OLD...

I 54 and and beginning to think I'm being looked at as just an old man going thru mid life... How could that be, I've been riding for 30 years...
Never got this reaction when i rode Honda's, they were "cool" it just the Harley what's up? I'm getting bummed... and hope I don't loose interest...

Wish I was wealthy enough to buy all my brothers and son a harley so they could just feel the difference... Then maybe they would understand...

[IMG]local://upfiles/11910/5E10745D118A4731B1C315717F8958C3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-11-2007, 01:40 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts
Default RE: Just a bit bummed out...

screw 'em I'll ride with ya anytime.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:50 AM
LowRiderFLHX
Advanced

your bike is very clean... i think its because they dont understand... you cant replace the sound of a harley or the joy of owning one telling people yea i own a yamaha or a kawasaki or a honda shawdow 1200 just sounds lame btw ill ride anytime

Old 04-11-2007, 01:50 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

I've noticed that a lot of rice grinders shy away, because they are jealous of the way a Harley sounds. SInce they don't have THE BIKE, they bad mouth it. But I'll bet, if they got one, you couldn't shut them up on how bad it is.

Envy is a sad thing.

If I lived near you, I'd ride with ya!

Hack

Old 04-11-2007, 01:51 AM
fishafly
Road Master

Me too... Lets go!! Seriously don't let 'em get you down... I'm sure there are other things you enjoy doing with your family... Now its time to find your 2nd family...Your Harley family!! Thats an Outstanding lookin SG... don't let it go to waste

Old 04-11-2007, 01:57 AM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hold that chin high.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:09 AM
Gunney8
Cruiser

At 54 you're just a pup!!!

I know ther're family and all, but if they only ride 20 miles, why you wanna ride with 'em? You've had Harley's in the past so you know you'll hook up with some that actually just like to ride, period. 'member, it's the ride not the destination.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:13 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

Just reach out on the forums and set up your own group rides. I really started to do this last year and I met several great people and rode more miles last year than any year previous.

If you do, it's just a matter of time before your family members will want to come along and maybe even buy into the Harley family....just make sure to keep the door open to them and let them know they are welcome to come anytime...till then, tell them your great ride stories and show them the pictures. They'll want to be included before you know it.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:16 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Misery loves company, find some better company!

Old 04-11-2007, 05:08 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I own a rk custom and my father-in-law owns a goldwing. We ride together all the time. Last season we took a trip down south and it was awsome. The four of us had a great time. Never bothers me that we have different makes of bikes. Fact is, we ride, who cares what. I don't anyways.

If your bro has a goldwing and doesn't like to ride more than 20 miles... he needs to sell his bike. Goldwings are made to travel. Seems like a waste to me. I look at it this way, and feel free to relay this to your brother, Goldwings are the best Honda made, there is no reason to beashamed of that ride. For what he paid for it, he could have got a harley, obviously he didn't want one. That is fine, but man, if you have a bike (any bike), you have to ride. Why else have one, PERIOD.

Quick Reply: Just a bit bummed out...