Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog Tunes upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 11:28 PM
04GeezerGlider
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hog Tunes upgrade

Any one buy and install the Hog Tunes AMP and Speakers lately?

Found a couple of threads, but nothing new, and nothing from the folks who said they were buying it, but didn't check back in.

I have J and M speakers in the fairing, and plan to use those in the rear pods, and install the new Hogtunes speakers and the hidden amp up front.

I ride mostly on highways, above 65, and just can't really hear the music.

Thanks

Old 04-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hog Tunes upgrade

I've got Hogtunes in the fairing, but thinking about expanding to the amp and rear speakers. Haven't made up my mind yet, though. Seems like I'd almost be riding in a cage and not sure if that is what I really want.

You might try contacting Pez and discuss with him. He's a straight up guy and will tell you what you want to know whether you decide to buy or not.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:06 AM
serverpimp
Cruiser

Ordered fronts and backs today based upon the stock speakers sucking big time and the over flowing support of the HogTune speakers.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:32 AM
Brooklyn Redneck
Cruiser

I bought the hogtunes ultra kit last may, it has performed better then I hoped, it gives you crystal clear sound at speed, most of the time I keep the volume below the halfway mark. It is IMHO a great purchase at a reasonable price.You won't be sorry, give pez a call.
BR

Old 04-11-2007, 08:03 AM
RanD
Tourer

I installed the HogTunes speakers -- front and rear -- in my Ultra last week. Its DEFINITELY an improvement over the stockers. Much fuller range of sound, and a touch louder too. I may add the amp after I have a chance to ride the highways a little more to see if I need it.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:33 AM
devious56
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put the full blown Hog Tunes set up in my Classic about a month ago, and couldn't be happier. You can't tell it by looking, the rear speaker pods look just like stock, and the sound is great. I can actually get the radio louder than I like at 80 mph. Not loud where it sounds bad, but loud where it's too loud.

Do it you won't be sorry. Installation was as easy as every one says and the only down side, if it is a down side, is that with out the engine running, when you turn on the key, you can hear a hissing through the speakers because the power amp is on. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Devious
[sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 04-11-2007, 10:05 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I put a set of HOG TUNES speakers in the wife's Street Glide on Monday. It's about a 30 minute job if you are only doing the front speakers and no amp.

Regards,

Bill

Old 04-11-2007, 10:09 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant imagine why I would need an amp and speakers behind me. I cant use all the volume of the spearkers in front of me. HogTunes sound great and they are a huge improvement

Old 04-11-2007, 10:36 AM
FTW13
Intermediate

I have the Ultra kit on my 03, just installed them a week or so ago. I was thinking of an amp, talked to Pez, he said I probably wouldnt need one. I agree. The sound quality is much improved, and also they seem louder. So much so that when I come to a stop I have to turn them down a bit. Maybe Im just an old fart though...hmmmmmm

Old 04-11-2007, 12:15 PM
PEZ
Tourer

Anyone see my mug on American Thunder last night? Jay Barbieri is the REAL deal. He gives a crap about making sure the viewers get good info!

Thanks for all the kudo as always--RIDE SAFE (eh)--PEZ

Quick Reply: Hog Tunes upgrade