Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Arm suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 06:56 PM
ThisIsMe
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rocker Arm suggestion

Going to do the rocker arms and supports on my 07 Ultra. Picked up the SE rocker supports new. Got the new rods already. I was looking at the S&S standard rocker arms to go along here. Looks like I might be able to get them around $184 for the set. I say might as the online retailers seem to be hit or miss if they actually have them in stock.

The S&S rocker arms seem to be a little better than the stock HD rocker arms. I could pick up the HDs tomorrow at the dealer.... or wait to see if I can find the S&Ss somewhere.

Is there another alternative , or better rocker than the HDs? This is going into a 107" with a Woods 555 cam. No need for rollers and the budget is already smashed.

Thoughts?

Old 09-22-2014, 07:02 PM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisIsMe
Going to do the rocker arms and supports on my 07 Ultra. Picked up the SE rocker supports new. Got the new rods already. I was looking at the S&S standard rocker arms to go along here. Looks like I might be able to get them around $184 for the set. I say might as the online retailers seem to be hit or miss if they actually have them in stock.

The S&S rocker arms seem to be a little better than the stock HD rocker arms. I could pick up the HDs tomorrow at the dealer.... or wait to see if I can find the S&Ss somewhere.

Is there another alternative , or better rocker than the HDs? This is going into a 107" with a Woods 555 cam. No need for rollers and the budget is already smashed.

Thoughts?
You cant go wrong with either the SE or the S&S version. I have the SE ones in my 120 and 124. To be honest with you There is no reason to put them in a engine with small cams under 600 lift.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:32 PM
ThisIsMe
Tourer

Originally Posted by sporacer
You cant go wrong with either the SE or the S&S version. I have the SE ones in my 120 and 124. To be honest with you There is no reason to put them in a engine with small cams under 600 lift.
The only non-roller rocker arms I see are the 1.725 ratio rockers. Not sure I want to go down that path.

I read the same thing on rollers and lift. Plus I hear they might be noisier. I am trying to tighten up the noise.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:36 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisIsMe
The only non-roller rocker arms I see are the 1.725 ratio rockers. Not sure I want to go down that path.

I read the same thing on rollers and lift. Plus I hear they might be noisier. I am trying to tighten up the noise.
I run the S&S rollers and no extra noise that I hear.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:58 PM
ThisIsMe
Tourer

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
I run the S&S rollers and no extra noise that I hear.
Good to know. Still outside the budget and still trying to keep it around $200.

Still having trouble even finder a vendor that has the S&S standard rockers in stock. Ordered once today and it was canceled by the vendor. Looks like I will have to make some calls tomorrow to double check inventory.

Tired of sites that claim to have them in stock, only not too. If I cannot find the S&S at a reasonable price and delivery I might just go with new stock HDs.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:14 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

While the S&S are better, Stock rockers are fine in your mild build. About the last place I'd throw money.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:49 PM
ThisIsMe
Tourer

Originally Posted by 0ldhippie
While the S&S are better, Stock rockers are fine in your mild build. About the last place I'd throw money.
What I am starting to think. The S&S are only about $40 over the stock ones, but damn if I can find anyone that has the S&S in stock.