The Official Roadking "Picture" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 11:26 AM
scott7d
Road Captain
Received 936 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by jcslim
I’m almost done. Thinking of a removable windshield for the long trips and either lower fairings with speakers or the so cal cycles setup. Thoughts on either setup?
Dude, nicely done! I don't care what anyone says. A solo seat/no windshield Road King is the nicest looking bike on the planet. I also roll with a solo-seater, and throw on a regular clear windshield for the longer trips or cooler days. You mentioned lowers also, here's my setup with and without windshield.

The following 2 users liked this post by scott7d:
ReDo (04-25-2018), terrapin87 (06-22-2020)
Old 04-24-2018, 11:40 AM
Justin Randall
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat

Could not agree more. Solo seat, no windshield and apes is the sexiest look out there. Stretch the bags a bit and upgrade the front wheel and it takes it to another level. Question tho...What seat is that? And does anyone have any recommendations for the best solo seat out there

Originally Posted by scott7d
Dude, nicely done! I don't care what anyone says. A solo seat/no windshield Road King is the nicest looking bike on the planet. I also roll with a solo-seater, and throw on a regular clear windshield for the longer trips or cooler days. You mentioned lowers also, here's my setup with and without windshield.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:11 PM
scott7d
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Justin Randall
Could not agree more. Solo seat, no windshield and apes is the sexiest look out there. Stretch the bags a bit and upgrade the front wheel and it takes it to another level. Question tho...What seat is that?
It's the stock CVO seat with a custom cover from Mean City Cycles.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:36 PM
ReDo
Tourer
Received 111 Likes on 65 Posts

Thanks! I really liked the 2013s with the lowers and lid speakers. From what I hear Harley didn’t power them well from the line, but that’s no different than any of their other sound systems. Did you add an amp or anything, and how does that setup work on the highway at 80mph?

I like the look with the lowers, but I’m leaning toward the socalcyclesound.com setup with Quad 4s in the front because I’m worried that the 6.5”s in lowers might not be loud enough at speed.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:43 PM
scott7d
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jcslim
From what I hear Harley didn’t power them well from the line, but that’s no different than any of their other sound systems. Did you add an amp or anything, and how does that setup work on the highway at 80mph?
For a stock system it's not too bad. With my previous exhaust (Fullsac DX and Kuryakyn Crushers) 80 mph (with windshield on) was no problem. I have a D&D Boarzilla exhaust now and have to crank it up a little more. Definitely still useable on the highway with the windshield on. I ride quite a bit with the windshield off and it's fine at "in town" speeds but becomes a wash on the highway. It's a 200 watt system, but next winter will be going with at least a 600 watt system and going from 5.25" to 6.5" in the lowers, and just higher quality/output speakers in the bags.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:00 PM
ReDo
Tourer
Received 111 Likes on 65 Posts

For a stock system it's not too bad. With my previous exhaust (Fullsac DX and Kuryakyn Crushers) 80 mph (with windshield on) was no problem. I have a D&D Boarzilla exhaust now and have to crank it up a little more. Definitely still useable on the highway with the windshield on. I ride quite a bit with the windshield off and it's fine at "in town" speeds but becomes a wash on the highway. It's a 200 watt system, but next winter will be going with at least a 600 watt system and going from 5.25" to 6.5" in the lowers, and just higher quality/output speakers in the bags.
Thanks for this info! I’ve been debating on what sound system to add and I believe I have it down to either a Rockford Fosgate setup with 6.5”s in lowers with 6x9s in the lids with a 500W Amp OR the “Ultimate Road King” setup from So Cal Cycle Sound that includes Quad 4s, 6x9s for the lids and a 600W Amp:

http://www.socalcyclesound.com/produ...-bag-lids-2014

I’ve talked to a couple of local car audio shops and the consensus appears to be that four Quad 4 speakers up front should produce more sound (above 250hz) then two 6.5”s would, so I think I’m leaning toward the So Cal Cycle Sound setup. I’ll post what I do with pics and perhaps video in my thread on that topic at:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...m-options.html

Old 04-25-2018, 09:48 PM
crazytown
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 551 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by moefoties
Finally finished my winter project (shout-out to xmen9c for helpful input along the way). Bought this 2005 RKC from my father-in-law a few months ago and began a few small upgrades - it already had Rinehart head pipes & slip-ons, a stage-1 air cleaner and tune, and a Legend air-ride system - it was stock aside from those upgrades. Here's what I added: 14" Carlini Gangster Apes, C&C solo seat/backrest/pillion, LRS light tint shield, smoked turn signal lenses, Ness grips/hwy pegs, cheap hard bags from Amazon (wouldn't recommend), and a 21"x3.5" DNA Fatty 40 front wheel w/Metzeler whitewall. I think that's everything...though I'm replacing the 3.5" black-tipped Rineharts with 4" all chrome Rineharts within the week.

NOTE: For anyone planning to drop over $1,000 on a handlebar install - DON'T! (Unless you've got way more money than time). You can totally do it yourself! I installed these bars on my own and I've never come close to attempting a project like this before. I did it with the help of a $35 video download from the guys over at Law Abiding Biker (https://www.lawabidingbiker.com/buyvideos/). Best $35 I've ever spent. I have no connection to those guys and get nothing for this recommendation - I just believe in spreading the word on good products that can help people out. This is definitely one of them!

Brother, that is a good looking bike! That front wheel and tire just pops.

The following 2 users liked this post by crazytown:
moefoties (04-27-2018), terrapin87 (06-22-2020)
Old 04-26-2018, 11:14 AM
jp0469
Tourer
Received 170 Likes on 88 Posts

Haven't seen too much of this color combo. Anyway, this is my 2015. Upgraded from a Nightster last year and couldn't be happier with it. The Road King really is the Swiss Army knife of cruising/touring, etc... She's mostly stock other than Rush Big Louie slip-ons, Street Glide seat, removed rear crash bars, and a few other minor things like LED lighting and bullet style lenses.

JP

Attached Thumbnails  The Official Roadking "Picture" Thread-img_20180414_113747649.jpg  
Old 04-26-2018, 12:36 PM
olwutsizname
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

heres one.. 2015 RK 107 built by Doc

The following users liked this post:
terrapin87 (06-22-2020)
Old 04-26-2018, 12:44 PM
jp0469
Tourer
Received 170 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by olwutsizname

heres one.. 2015 RK 107 built by Doc
Yeah, there we go. The only thing I never liked about that color combo is the tan pinstripe. I taped over mine with a 1/4" wide silver pinstripe. Very happy with the result.

JP

Quick Reply: The Official Roadking "Picture" Thread