The Official Streetglide "Picture" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 02:37 PM
mtpoland
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Streetglide "Picture" Thread

Gee, nothing like pouring salt on the wound.
That's the color and wheel option I've got lined up on my bike.
Looks good.
I guess I'll have to wait another week.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Toad
Intermediate

mtpoland, I have to aggree with mrgrinch. I put 500 miles on my 07 SG, and it definitely started to come alive. When I rode it, it had .08 miles, and I test rode it to 30 miles. I loved it and bought it. The motor is still a TC with 700 newer parts. It now has 93 ft.-lbs of torque with the 88in being 86. It has new fuel injectors at a 25-degree for better MPH. There are lighter pistons, and rods for more performance and less vibration. It has a automatic primary chain tensioner that doesnt have to be adjusted every service. New automatic cam chain tensioners. A new oil pump that provides 10% more flow. The clutch pull is lighter by 7% on top the 24% they did in 2006. The 6 speed works great and is about 400 RPMs less at 75 MPH. For one that wants to save money on oil the primary only gets changed at 10k miles, and the trany at 20k miles. Im not going that route. Any noise you hear from the motor or trany is because you dont have loud pipes yet. Aftermarket pipes will take a while to catch up, be cause the 07 uses two 02 sensors now. If you want more power HD offers a bolt on 103 Big Bore Kit by SE.
The 96 in, and 6 speed is about as big as when the first TC came out in 1999. What I am liking about my 07 SG is the HK stereo with Hog Toons. Oh, if you dont like the heel shift just lose it...I find it keeps my heel of the primary cover...no scratchs.

Old 08-26-2006, 12:13 PM
mtpoland
Cruiser

Well, the dealer called me up yesterday and said my bike will be in next Wed (30th) and should be ready to ride before the weekend. So it looks like I'll be able to do some nice riding on Labor Day weekend.
As far as performance upgrades, I don't plan to do any. I like the looks of the stock exhaust and I think the 96" will be enough power for me. It's the look of the bike that has my attention. I plan on riding by a lot of big plate glass windows and doing some serious profilin'.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:53 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts
Default RE: The Official Streetglide Thread

How do ya like the Hard Kome Exhaust. I had a set on my wide glide , the sound was wild but lacked performance.......

nick@nite

Old 08-27-2006, 04:28 AM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

Well I'm in the Street Glide family now.....

Traded the 06 Ultra..

Now the 07 Street Glide...

I'm done, no more trades... This ones a keeper..

She's got 35 miles on her, and let me tell you, this is one that'll get your attention.

OK in city traffic, you'll never get out of 4th, 1st is a bit quick but I think it's just very responsive from
a dead stop, I know it'll break a tire loose if I jump on it.

I've been reading about 5 gear noise, but I have heard none..
The HUNT for the extra gear is OVER.. at one point I thought the 6th gear lamp was out till I shifted into 6th..
Listen up guys and gals... this upgrade is phenominal.. Gives me a Whole New outlook on this Vtwin Air Cooled Engine.

The engine is POWERFULL 93foot lbs torque., and you really feal it.

The Stock exhaust is better sounding, and for some who like a slight rumble, it is just right.

I upgraded to Screamming Eagle Slipons from HD, (Put them on myself) and this thing woke up, Just the right sound, not to loud
and SOUNDS LIKE A HARLEY... REALLY... Of course there new and may get a bit louder but that's OK...

There was NO SERT Or anything required when installing these mufflers.

My upgrades were..

Chrome hand controls, Screamming Eagle Mufflers, Farring Lowers, Driving Lamps, Smoked Signal Lenses, Pass. backrest.

I relaay like the stance of this bike, and the seating position, And I will add a tour box (Detatchable of course)

[IMG]local://upfiles/11910/7C34B70062C746AFA7E948B250AF0F72.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11910/45D9A1C9210D415CA10618D2365E8F94.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-27-2006, 06:33 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice review!!

Old 08-27-2006, 11:02 AM
mtpoland
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Richard

Well I'm in the Street Glide family now.....

Traded the 06 Ultra..

Now the 07 Street Glide...

Looks real good. My bike is gonna have a similar set up; lowers, pass lamps, tour pack, etc.
I'm counting down the days. If there are no other problems, I could be riding by Thurs or Fri. Now of course we have another stinking Hurricane threatening the Gulf Coast. Why won't them damb things just leave us alone?!
Anyway, nice bike!

Old 08-27-2006, 11:10 AM
mtpoland
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: nick@nite

How do ya like the Hard Kome Exhaust. I had a set on my wide glide , the sound was wild but lacked performance.......

nick@nite
I haven't seen them yet. If they looked anything like the stock pipes I might be interested. I wouldn't be interested in losing performance though.

Old 08-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Toad
Intermediate

ThunderHeader is now coming out with a true dual, and they are known for performance, its just a thought. Oh,. and what do you mean by passing lamps? I would think incorporating the tail light with the turn signals? Please fill me in!

Old 08-27-2006, 05:57 PM
mtpoland
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Toad

Oh,. and what do you mean by passing lamps? I would think incorporating the tail light with the turn signals? Please fill me in!
The lights that are normally on each side of the headlight. Passing or riding lights. Harley didn't include them on the Road King Custom or the Street Glide. So, I'm having them included. I think they look better there than not and from a safety perspective, you always notice the bikes with three lights in front better than the bikes with one - even in the daytime. I ordered the smoked halogen lamps for that sinister look when they are off.

Quick Reply: The Official Streetglide "Picture" Thread