The Official Streetglide "Picture" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:54 PM
WORKD4IT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The Official Streetglide "Picture" Thread

Dayum Rock...that paint is just sick! Nice looking scoot man.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:32 PM
e666h
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice paint job Rock. Great colors+ great graphics. 100 MPH standing still look. Are you going to do the rear end? Where did you get the spiked hardware on the windshield trim?

Old 03-26-2008, 10:50 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

i haven't decided about the bags yet. sometimes i like it plain, sometimes i think about doing something back there. about out of downtime though, so if anything it will probably wait until next winter. the spikes came with the windhield trim...kury

Old 03-28-2008, 07:53 PM
08SweetGlide
Advanced

Name:  061-1.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  62.1 KB

Name:  060-1.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  68.0 KB

Just picked it up on Wednesday I like the look hate the seat! Anyone have any suggestions for a seat that will sit me lower and further back I am 6'0" and I feel like I am crunched up on this bike I absolutly hated the ride home. This is the first bike that I had second thoughts about after I brought it home. Last year Ibought a VRSCDX and it honestlyis the most comfortable bike I owned. I know on this frame you ride high but it is my legs that are the killer for me. Do the make extensions to move the floorboards out like an extended reach? I know I have to give it time to get adjusted I only have 33 miles on it but I knew from the second I sat on the seat it had to go. THe seat seems really hard also. Just my thoughts. I am not looking for a big cushy seat something similar to the stock will do because I dont tend to ride or go on trips for extended riding. Anyone have any expeirence with the mustang seats that will fit?

Old 03-28-2008, 08:22 PM
dthayer808
6th Gear

SweetGlide, I replaced mine with the Sundowner Deep Bucket. They should have them at the dealership. Definitely agree with the thoughts on the stock seat. The Sundowner is much more comfortable and supports your lower back also.

Can see pics of mine with the new seat at https://www.hdforums.com/albumphoto....amp;sortType=1

Supposed to be 45 here tomorrow and "mostly sunny"...hoping to get some "seat time" in on my own.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:55 PM
08SweetGlide
Advanced

Thanks DT,

I am going to check them out at the dealership before I order anything plus they had a bunch of SG's in storage that maybe hav swaped out the toc seat for something else. I hate sitting on someone elses bike and thats why I didn't get a feel for the seat in the beginning, because they had no Street Glides on the floor they had all been sold. They hd to order mine in the color I wanted. It is supposed to be in the upper 40's here in PA also so maybe I'll take itfor a spin tmorrow too to see if I can get used to it. Or figure out exactly wat I need but I know one thing for me this is far from a touring bike. I'm not knocking the bike at all its just I gotta make it fit my @$$!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:42 PM
dthayer808
6th Gear

No problem.

I had a Heritage before that I lovingly referred to as my "rolling barco-lounger".With the new seat, and highway pegs on the engine guards, plus a little less air in the rear shocks, this one definitely out does the heritage by a long shot. Much easier to put a lot of miles behind me now.

Does take some getting used to, depending on what you had before, but once you do I think you'll like it.

Where at in PA? I'm originally from south of Pittsburgh but in Ohio now.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:48 PM
08SweetGlide
Advanced

I am actually from Elizabeth, PA probably around your old stomping grounds! I bought this bike at Steel City HD in Washington PA.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:07 AM
jharanin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 08SweetGlide

I am actually from Elizabeth, PA probably around your old stomping grounds! I bought this bike at Steel City HD in Washington PA.
Nice scoot..I'm originally from California PA right down the road from Washington.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:58 PM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: 08SweetGlide

Just picked it up on Wednesday I like the look hate the seat! Anyone have any suggestions for a seat that will sit me lower and further back I am 6'0" and I feel like I am crunched up on this bike I absolutly hated the ride home. This is the first bike that I had second thoughts about after I brought it home. Last year Ibought a VRSCDX and it honestlyis the most comfortable bike I owned. I know on this frame you ride high but it is my legs that are the killer for me. Do the make extensions to move the floorboards out like an extended reach? I know I have to give it time to get adjusted I only have 33 miles on it but I knew from the second I sat on the seat it had to go. THe seat seems really hard also. Just my thoughts. I am not looking for a big cushy seat something similar to the stock will do because I dont tend to ride or go on trips for extended riding. Anyone have any expeirence with the mustang seats that will fit?
Check out Mean City (a vendor here on the board). He takes stock seats and sculpts them as well as adds gel and memory foam. A hell of a lot cheaper than buying a MoCo seat.

Also if you do a search here as well as check out a few of the bagger magazines you will find a cuple of companies that make extensions for floorboards.

Quick Reply: The Official Streetglide "Picture" Thread