The Official Streetglide "Picture" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 05:03 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: The Official Streetglide "Picture" Thread

thanks for the response...ive done most of it myself so i appreciate it a little more.

the trim rings are from choppers inc. they have started making custom parts for baggers and most of it is pretty sweet. but take the word custom to heart. they don't come with instructions or ease of installation. if any of you decide to persue the trim rings, give me a shout and i can fill you in.

http://www.choppersinc.com/index_flash.html

the paint is factory cobalt blue. no inhancements other than washing it today. first time in many months due to the water restrictions here. it was filthy and i was still under possible fine, but i couldnt take it any longer.

the mirrors are fairing mounted. they just came out from kuryakyn. they have led flashers in them as well that work with the turn signals. sort of like what some of the new cars and big trucks have. the fit and finish and ease of installation is awesome. a BIG upgrade from the stock ones...no plastic, good looks, and a lot better visibility and adjustability.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:05 PM
texas steve
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: rock92

thanks for the response...ive done most of it myself so i appreciate it a little more.

the trim rings are from choppers inc. they have started making custom parts for baggers and most of it is pretty sweet. but take the word custom to heart. they don't come with instructions or ease of installation. if any of you decide to persue the trim rings, give me a shout and i can fill you in.

http://www.choppersinc.com/index_flash.html

the paint is factory cobalt blue. no inhancements other than washing it today. first time in many months due to the water restrictions here. it was filthy and i was still under possible fine, but i couldnt take it any longer.

the mirrors are fairing mounted. they just came out from kuryakyn. they have led flashers in them as well that work with the turn signals. sort of like what some of the new cars and big trucks have. the fit and finish and ease of installation is awesome. a BIG upgrade from the stock ones...no plastic, good looks, and a lot better visibility and adjustability.
Ok I want to do the trim rings (as perhaps may others), give us the low down, they look GREAT!!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Real nice ride Rock92. Are those stock bars and who makes those mirrors?
Also wondering if you like them?

Old 02-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sweet ride rock. Lots of nice additions. Keep up the good work.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:48 PM
rock92
Road Captain

those are the stock bars. i haven't done anything with those.

the mirrors are from kuryakyn and they are great. better visibility and a far greater range of adjustability. with the holes in the fairing on the street glide models, its a real easy install. if you don't have the holes, the kit comes with a real neat template so you can make some.

as for the trim rings. they are machined billet and are a really good fit (at least mine were).they fit real snug around the bezels and in between the inner fairing. they will almost stay in place by themselves. thats how good of a fit they are. thats the end of the good news. when i got mine they were dirty from the milling process. almost like they machined them and launched them in the box.so i cleaned them up (just soap and water and some good rubbing..lol). btw, the rings are the only thing that come in the box. so in order to make the installation permanent, i bought some clear silicon adhesive. the kind that sits up hard and is heat resistant. i still have the tube, so i can get back to you if anyone wants to know exactly what i used. i just put a good bead on the inside of the rings and stuck them in place. really a no brainer at that point. for me, it was just the pain of calling them and finally getting ahold of someone to find out if something was missing from the box and how should i go about attaching them. so i guess you guys can benefit from my legwork...lol if you have any other questions, just let me know. one other thing, pay attention to the dimples in the rings, so you can align all of them up the same way.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Are the trim rings Chrome?

Old 02-04-2008, 08:42 AM
MassHD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about all the questions but are those a pair of 18's. What kind are they?

Old 02-04-2008, 09:59 PM
rock92
Road Captain

i don't mind the questions, i know i have plenty...lol like they say, there is no such thing as a dumb question.

the trim rings are polished aluminum. they look good and if they were chromed, it would probably blind you when riding with the sun to your back. i guess the thing is, they come to you in such a raw state, that if you wanted to chrome them, or anything else for that matter (clear coat, powder, etc.) you could.

the wheels are a set of 18s. 3.5 up front, 4.25 in the rear. they are renegade newports with matching rotors.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:19 AM
08_FLHX
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's mine... still as delivered... (except for the mileage and dirt)

Name:  Rob_08FLHX_cropped_001.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  48.8 KB

Old 02-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought the same scooter......... Just waiting for the weather to clear so I can see it in the sun

ORIGINAL: 08_FLHX

Here's mine... still as delivered... (except for the mileage and dirt)

Quick Reply: The Official Streetglide "Picture" Thread