The Patriot Guard Riders A Place To Talk About The PGR and PGR Missions.

Fred Phelps has left us...Darn...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014 | 12:28 PM
DAKSY
|
Tourer
Default Fred Phelps has left us...Darn...

May he rot in Hell for all eternity. He & his vile, so-called "church" were responsible for only one good thing & that is the formation of The Patriot Guard Riders. Without him there would be no PGR, & while his little band of miscreant low-lifes STILL number under 100, the PGR has grown to over 330,000 since November of 2005.
Two words Fred: "WE WIN!"

Old 03-21-2014 | 06:36 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

As much as I understand and agree with Daksy's obvious dissatisfaction with the Westboro Church and it's founder Fred Phelps, I don't share Daksy's apparent hatred toward both.

I'm a retired US Soldier who has spent over 20 years defending a person's right to be able to have and to express a view that I was absolutely against. A view like that of Mr. Phelps and the Westboro Church.

What I didn't spend over 20 years of my life defending was a person's right to disrespect a person by impeding in their burial and not allowing their family and friends to properly morn their passing. That's why I'm an active Patriot Guard Rider.

So in closing, even though I don't feel sorrow toward the passing of Mr. Phelps I do respect his family and friends right to properly bury him and to morn his passing.

Maybe by expressing this respect, perhaps the remaining members of the Westboro Church will see the errors in their ways and repent them.

Ride on Patriot Guard!!!

Last edited by Bluraven; 03-21-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-21-2014 | 07:04 PM
F4Phantomsphorever
Outstanding HDF Member

Well said, Blu...

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God. (Hebrews 10:31)

While one is right to express disgust at the Phelps' activities, one must remain humble and above acting as they would. And I believe that glorying in a man's death offends God.

I'm no pacifist...when the United States put a bullet in binLaden's brain, I cheered. But this is different.

Old 03-23-2014 | 06:02 AM
DAKSY
|
Tourer

Got some work to do, Fred...

Attached Thumbnails Fred Phelps has left us...Darn...-phelps.jpg