The Patriot Guard Riders A Place To Talk About The PGR and PGR Missions.

Trouble in Mississippi

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trouble in Mississippi

Two days ago, Mississippi State Captain Ed Baker was secretly fired by the PGR national board of directors. Several of the SC's had been approached by a non-PGR individual who wanted our member mailing list and, upon denial, threatened the PGR with bad press. Ed's response to her was forwarded to the national board and the next morning he had been replaced as SC by the Dixie Regional Captain, without notice and without appeal. For the past two days, MSPGR riders have been trying to obtain a statement from national explaining their action and clarifying why the board's own policy of not intervening in state matters was violated. So far, a few members have received responses without explanation that state simply that Ed is no longer SC and there is no appeal.

Mutiny is brewing in Mississippi. The riders had to discover national's actions from Ed himself, and for the last two days all we hear from them is "wait, wait, wait". Why not just tell us what happened? Why wait for the lawyers to type up something crafty and non-committal?

If national can do this to Mississippi, they can do it to Louisiana, Alabama, and so on. Folks, people are ready to pull patches down here! Write to the board of directors and request an explanation. Don't let Mississippi fight alone!

Roo!

Old 04-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Criswell
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a load of bull!!!! Ed was done wrong and deserves better. I hope National reconsiders their decision. No other person knows our group or can do better job. Listen to roosterboots. He knows of which he speaks...

Old 04-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"

No! Don't listen to me! Some of my info comes from third party sources! Investigate this outrage for yourselves. I got to read the bylaws and they don't address public misconduct at all. This fiasco is being carpetbagged by National in the hopes of quelling dissent.

They don't know Mississippi, do they?

Old 04-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Criswell
1st Gear

They quoted me the code of conduct via email. I think we are all on the same page except national. All our captain did was speak the truth.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Harleydrvr
Stage I

does this sound like the salem witch hunt to anybody but me?

Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Rustyrider
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

"Mutiny is brewing in Mississippi"....

I received an email notice today from our LA SC about this situation. Regardless of who is right or wrong we as individual PGR members are involved for only one reason. There is no personal reason to be involved other than the honor we feel standing flag lines and hope that we can in some way comfort loved ones through their loss.

I would hope that personal feelings in the MS PGR do not come to a MUTINY. This would retract from the PGR's mission as well as our personal reasons to be involved. I hope that this matter can be worked out or understood by people effected in a manner to continue the good work the MS PGR has done.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:15 PM
kyroger
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Rustyrider
"Mutiny is brewing in Mississippi"....

I received an email notice today from our LA SC about this situation. Regardless of who is right or wrong we as individual PGR members are involved for only one reason. There is no personal reason to be involved other than the honor we feel standing flag lines and hope that we can in some way comfort loved ones through their loss.

I would hope that personal feelings in the MS PGR do not come to a MUTINY. This would retract from the PGR's mission as well as our personal reasons to be involved. I hope that this matter can be worked out or understood by people effected in a manner to continue the good work the MS PGR has done.
I agree. Let cooler minds prevail. We do what we do for the veterans and their families.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"

We've got missions and everybody is doing the "Mission First" chorus line, but it'll be a tad difficult to keep your honor clean when the people running the show are...well, I could say lots of stuff but it's Monday and I never cause trouble on Monday.

Roo.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:13 PM
wisemx
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I dropped as RC due to a similar mess in Knoxville. Sad indeed.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:50 AM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"

All we ever asked for was a decent explanation from national. I'm pleased to say that we received one from the President of the board, along with an apology taking responsibility for the method with which communications were handled. In the end, everybody reached deep and pulled out their Inner Southern Gentleman.

Roo!

Quick Reply: Trouble in Mississippi