The Patriot Guard Riders A Place To Talk About The PGR and PGR Missions.

Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Westboro Baptist

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 03:50 AM
nhbiker1961
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I can think of a religious group that is worse then fred's cult and they have been around for well over a 100 yrs. But they are protected by our freedoms in the constitution and their doctrines actually can cause the death of members. (seen it happen and I think you know the group I am talking about, nice people, but dangerous teachings)

It is a slippery slope, because if you take down one cult, then many would have to follow, and then where is the line between a cult and a religion. To some, they are all cults. That is why it is probably better to allow these nuts to have their freedom of promote their interpretation of the bible and use groups like the PGR to protect the funerals rather then opening a can of worms that could take away what you consider your right to believe something. The constitution keeps the playing field level.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:47 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but does anyone know if there are any Blue Star or Gold Star Supreme Court Justices? Bet not. Definitely not 5. WBC definitely incites violence. They should be free to protest, but not within 1 mile of family. My son is thankfully home from deployment. If he had been KIA and those POS showed there would've been trouble. Capital T.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:53 PM
08ultraglide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found a group called Journey 4 Justice on Facebook and decided to check them out. Here are pictures of their last trip to wbc on 7/3/2011, I'll be there 7/16,17/2011
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...00000549832203

Old 07-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Throwback
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I guess I will open myself up for bashing.

As I see it, the trouble with Christian/church groups is that they routinely interpret the bible to justify whatever it is they want to do.

Look at churches as a whole. Most are made up of a group of people who split from another church because they got pissed about one thing or another. Now, these folks meet for a couple hours on Sunday morning and an hour or so Sunday night Then they get together for an hour on Wednesday night. So they are together for about 4-5 hours a week and can't get along? How are they gonna spend enterinty together?

The WBC group has a leader who is apparently gifted in brainwashing helpless fools into buying into his dumbass views. These sheep follow this asshat's directives without a fukin clue as to what they are doing. He "sells" them his propaganda by twisting the bible's verses to support his bullshit agenda.

They will use the laws to protect themselves. They will be well versed in the local laws where they chose to protest as well.

One thing is certain........they will one day bring their bullshit show to the wrong city. It may be a big city or a little one horse town way down in south MS. But they will say the wrong thing or have a sign that sets someone off and the **** will hit the fan. Granted, they will get the media coverage they are looking for, but at what price?

I can guarantee you that if they bring their circus act to the little town I live in. The folks here won't stand for their antics. The people here take great pride in our servicemen. Almost to a fault. It would be very interesting indeed.

Last edited by Throwback; 07-05-2011 at 09:27 AM.