The Patriot Guard Riders A Place To Talk About The PGR and PGR Missions.

Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Westboro Baptist

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:33 PM
dstiger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryleon
mcalester, okla is where they could not get their tires repaired...
Proud to be an "okie"...lol

amen!

Old 06-30-2011, 02:47 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

I would have given anything to have been able to join Charley on that quest. Maybe he can get a yearly trip planned as more and more riders participated. That would be great, but I bet there is some law that says you can't have more then a certain amount walking around homes. I do like the idea of standing shoulder to shoulder with the cretins waving the flag and singing patriot songs. I'd be up for that in a minute.
I may even suggest doing something similar with our chapter.

I wonder if Charley and friends could have gone into the church meeting as possible new members and have some verbal discussions with them. Probably not since I believe only family members can be church members........is that incest? LOL

Post their address so anyone riding in the area can pass by and give their regards. I can just see it, a motorcycle passing by every 5 minutes 24/7.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:08 PM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CopperHead2008
The sick sense of irony here, is that the WBC protesters are provided their "rights" by the people they are harrassing. Just to hear their thought process is so *** backwards its not funny. I have had the privilege to ride along side patriot guardsmen during the Matt Maupin funeral and it still makes me proud. Thank God for you guys!
To me the real irony is that many people want to forget what our soldiers and others have fought to protect by not allowing these protests.

Why are we asking our government to take away the rights that so many shed blood for?
Who is doing the greater disservice to the memory of these brave fighters? Those who use the rights that many dies to protect? Or, those who would willingly give up those rights to quiet someone else's speech that they do not like?

Michael

Old 06-30-2011, 04:42 PM
AMathis
Advanced
Default The right to protest

I feel the right to protest is something we need to protect. But I don't feel you should disrespect others protesting or voicing your opinions. The average people in the military don't make the decisions of where they are sent. Place yourself in the family of a lost soldier with someone apparently happy because of your kids, brother, sister, mom, dad, or grand parent, death at the funeral. How would you feel if some bastards were cheering because one of then died. Personally I want to kick some *** thinking about it. There is a time and place for everything and a funeral isn't the time for it. I may not support the all policies of this country that's my right. But I don't hold the average soldier responsible for some duties they are called for nor am I happy when we lose one. These so called christians should and do have the right to disagree. I think not at the expense of grieving family members.

And yes if you havn't guessed it I'm a member of the PGR. Like I said I may not support the wars or some of the things this country does. But our folks in uniform I do support and always respect them.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:33 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

AMathis, right on.

I'm really getting tired of hearing this crap from bleeding heart liderals about freedom of speech when it come to this kind of hate speech. There has to be a line somewhere, tell that to the police when they arrest you for yelling fire in a theater or saying hijack or bomb at an airport or saying someone should shoot the president, etc.

This WBC is nothing but scum, plain and simple and they should be the ones dying so that I can clap and yell hooray.
Can't wait for one of them buggers to die. Hope someone goes to their funeral and clap and sing.

End of rant.

Last edited by GARY DYER; 06-30-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:44 PM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain

The Constitution was written to protect us from excessive government involvement in our lives. I put that above anyones hurt feelings.

However if private citizens wish to force these protesters to live as outcasts that should be protected as well. Do not use these people as an excuse to give up any more of our rights and liberties to the government. If we restrict their rights to protest them we have lost some of ours too.
The Constitution protects us from the government not each other. What I believe should be done was mentioned in an earlier post.
Refuse to have anything to do with these people. Do not do business with them or anyone who supports them.

Michael

Old 07-01-2011, 08:10 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Give me a break, don't sell to them? and don't support them? We're talking about Americans here, they'll sell their own mother to make a buck. You'll never starve these cretins out that way. You make a law that says they can't be within 2 or 3 blocks (or more) of a funeral - period. No ones taking their right away - they can still spew their hate somewhere else - so that should make the bleeding heart liberals (BHL)happy. Maybe we pass a law that says they can only protest around BHL houses. Of course that won't happen because BHL's are the life blood of all cretins and baby killers.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:43 PM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
Give me a break, don't sell to them? and don't support them? We're talking about Americans here, they'll sell their own mother to make a buck. You'll never starve these cretins out that way. You make a law that says they can't be within 2 or 3 blocks (or more) of a funeral - period. No ones taking their right away - they can still spew their hate somewhere else - so that should make the bleeding heart liberals (BHL)happy. Maybe we pass a law that says they can only protest around BHL houses. Of course that won't happen because BHL's are the life blood of all cretins and baby killers.
I worry about the slippery slope. This same argument is being used to take our rights to bear arms away. They claim that placing hurdles in your way is not infringing on your rights.

Will we be prohibited from protesting at government offices because it offends our elected officials?

These fools are making a political statement. I believe they are wrong in the way they are doing it but its the price we pay for freedom.

Michael

Old 07-01-2011, 02:16 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

You make these laws pertain to the private sector NOT the government sector. That way our right to protest THE GOVERNMENT is not infringed upon.

I thought hate speech was against the law so how do these %$#@ get away with what they do? There just has to be something - legal - that we can do.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:25 PM
AMathis
Advanced

Freedom of speech is one thing hate speech is something else. What makes it right to cheer when a mother has lost a son or daughter. Why is it ok to be happy when child has lost a parent and party outside the funeral service. These peoples feelings mean nothing? If that's the case then somethings just wrong there.
I stand by my other statement there is a time and place for everything. If you want to make a statement go to the someone that has control of the situation not the ones on the front lines with the least control. I don't have a problem with someone being a fruitloop I do have a problem with someone being a fruitloop hurting others feelings.