The Patriot Guard Riders A Place To Talk About The PGR and PGR Missions.

Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Westboro Baptist

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 06:31 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Thank God the 1st Amendment was upheld.

The strength of a good law is that it is upheld, even when you decide to be against it "just this once".

The biggest mistake you can make is to use the word "but" after saying" I support the first amendment."

The fact that they have the right to do something does not releive them of the responsibility to use good judgement. The right to go jump in front of a moving train doesn't relieve the responsibility of living with the repurcussions.

If everybody was as upset at them as I always hear, this group would have already been fk'd up with baseball bats to near death a long time ago.

~Joe

Old 03-03-2011, 08:05 AM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on fellow Americans, it's not the Constitution or the bill of rights that are at fault here. As has been stated by Rooster Boots, and others, it is the media that drives this madness. Without the twenty four seven pontifications, under the guize of responsible reporting, regaurding these reprobates, they would likely simply fade away. It is the free publicity that strengthens their resolve and adds to their coffers.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Twillis
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was reading about another cool twist on this story in our local(KS) paper last night. Several of the family members of that "church" are attorneys, so that's how they are able to afford to fight all of their legal battles. Several retired Generals from our state have filed to have them disbarred under ethics guidelines. These people are stomping on flags, having their kids shout profanities and carry lewd signs/banners. If they are deemed to be in breach of ethical guidelines, they can be disbarred. That would help out a lot, I think.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:36 AM
ev780
Tourer
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CopperHead2008
The sick sense of irony here, is that the WBC protesters are provided their "rights" by the people they are harrassing. Just to hear their thought process is so *** backwards its not funny. I have had the privilege to ride along side patriot guardsmen during the Matt Maupin funeral and it still makes me proud. Thank God for you guys!

Kind of mind bending isn't it. Poor bastards are too stupid to know they are protesting against the ones who fight for their right to protest against those.......

My head hurts!!!

Supreme Court got it right. As much as it sucks.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:41 AM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Well played, Twillis.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:44 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

That's what I've been saying all along...it's the %$#@ media's fault.
The saying "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you" is like fingernails on a blackboard just as saying "The people have the right to know" when a reporter is asked why they report this crap.

There has to be a line somewhere. I can't believe it's perfectly legal to intentionally hurt people, which is what this does.
Isn't there a law against yelling racial slurs at people? Isn't that free speech? Or just saying you're going to shoot the president (hmmmmm).

I think Wikileaks should publish the names and addresses and phone numbers of these %$#@ ....if they can expose CIA agents names, they should to likewise with these scum. Can you imagine them getting non stop phone calls 24/7?

If my doctor told me I only had a little time to live, I'd go where they gather and take em out with a clear concience.
Why can't some nutjob do that like the ones that did John Lennon, Sharon Tate, the Pope, a couple presidents, Larry Flint, etc.

I like the tire story the best or do the same for any kind of repaires to their cars or homes.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:38 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 10,342 Likes on 5,487 Posts

Or you could look at it this way we have the right to protest The WBC. We far out number them we could make their life a worst than hell if we wanted to and site the same court ruling.
We can also be at every funeral and let their action dictate what ours will be they want to get stupid well then it's on betting we win that one.
Worst case a Disorderly conduct charge , beat many of those. And even if I lose no big deal would be worth the fine.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Thank God the 1st Amendment was upheld.

The strength of a good law is that it is upheld, even when you decide to be against it "just this once".

The biggest mistake you can make is to use the word "but" after saying" I support the first amendment."

The fact that they have the right to do something does not releive them of the responsibility to use good judgement. The right to go jump in front of a moving train doesn't relieve the responsibility of living with the repurcussions.

If everybody was as upset at them as I always hear, this group would have already been fk'd up with baseball bats to near death a long time ago.

~Joe
What about the rights of the people that are burying their child?
It used to be that people got sued because their kids made noise bouncing a basketball all day in their driveway. Now we have to watch people burying their children while "protesters" call them queers?

I honestly believe that rulings like this one cause upstanding law abiding citizens to break laws.

While "technically" there is the free speech ruling, what about pain and suffering that comes from these protests? No civil remedies?
Does this not discourage people from volunteering to serve out country?

I do believe something bad will happen to these Westboro creeps and it ain't gonna be pretty. It's a damn shame that whomever does it will be sacrificing his freedom. However, he will be viewed as a martyr.

Soldiers die for us, one of us might take some risks for them.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:18 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's what I've been saying all along...it's the %$#@ media's fault.
No it's NOT the media's fault. It's the fault of everyone who doesn't change the channel when the media covers this. Note, however, that NPR, the news source that I consider the most reliable, does not cover this nonsense unless it has a far reaching impact. Unlike the other "news" stations that are really info-tainment businesses. Turn them off.

Isn't there a law against yelling racial slurs at people? Isn't that free speech? Or just saying you're going to shoot the president (hmmmmm).
I don't think there is a law against yelling racial slurs at people. Unless you picked someone out and harassed them for an unreasonable amount of time. I'm pretty sure you can yell racial slurs at whoever you want, until it becomes something like incitement to riot or disturbing the peace or harassment. Not sure though.

Ashphault and Rubber reports that only 34% of harley owners have a college degree, but aren't there any attorneys on here that can speak about this?

I think Wikileaks should publish the names and addresses and phone numbers of these %$#@ ....if they can expose CIA agents names, they should to likewise with these scum. Can you imagine them getting non stop phone calls 24/7?

I suggested that a few pages back. Or on another thread about this. I don't think this is something for wikileaks, but any one of us with that info can post it on the web. or in the paper. I think that is an excellent idea, to be followed up with a complete denial of services to these people except where required by law.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:42 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
What about the rights of the people that are burying their child?
It used to be that people got sued because their kids made noise bouncing a basketball all day in their driveway. Now we have to watch people burying their children while "protesters" call them queers?

I honestly believe that rulings like this one cause upstanding law abiding citizens to break laws.

While "technically" there is the free speech ruling, what about pain and suffering that comes from these protests? No civil remedies?
Does this not discourage people from volunteering to serve out country?

I do believe something bad will happen to these Westboro creeps and it ain't gonna be pretty. It's a damn shame that whomever does it will be sacrificing his freedom. However, he will be viewed as a martyr.

Soldiers die for us, one of us might take some risks for them.

As a combat vet, I can assure you that we understand what we are fighting for. If we can pick and choose when to follow the constitution, then what we have fought for was for nothing.

~Joe