The Patriot Guard Riders A Place To Talk About The PGR and PGR Missions.

Gotta love Plant City, FL

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:47 PM
MattInFla
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gotta love Plant City, FL

We had a mission over the weekend for a soldier from Plant City, and the Uninvited Guests were in attendance.

Fortunately, we had two factors in our favor. First, there is a Plant City ordinance that requires protesters to remain at least 300 feet from the property line of any church or funeral home during a funeral. Second, and even better, the church in question owns not only the plot of land the building is on, but also the adjacent plots on all sides.

The inbred WBC asshats were issued a permit 300 feet off the property line in the farthest available corner. Nobody at the church ever saw them or heard them at all. The processional route was selected to avoid the corner the WBC were infesting, and never came within sight. Instead, the family saw 100+ men and women on the flag line, and many more local residents lining the route to the cemetery with flags and signs in a tremendous outpouring of support and respect.

In the end, the WBC were all dressed up with no one to torment. One big plate of fail for them.

Matt

Old 11-10-2009, 01:19 PM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Central Florida. I am from Lakeland. We have the same law here in Minnesota.

It is very difficult to keep your cool. But you are better than they are. This is for the honor of the person who the mission is for you have to remember that. This is the very reason why the Patriot Guard was created.

Glad to hear that the Family was not aware of the WBC presence.

Last edited by H20DOG; 11-10-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:21 PM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...4/IMG_0018.jpg

Are these the asshats you're talking about? These morons showed up at a funeral for a fallen soldier in my home town a few years ago and that was the inspiration I needed to join the PGR. It made me very proud to see the local police officers using their bodies as a barrier to protect the family from seeing their sorry asses!

Old 11-12-2009, 10:21 AM
MattInFla
Road Master

Originally Posted by rh8234
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...4/IMG_0018.jpg

Are these the asshats you're talking about? These morons showed up at a funeral for a fallen soldier in my home town a few years ago and that was the inspiration I needed to join the PGR. It made me very proud to see the local police officers using their bodies as a barrier to protect the family from seeing their sorry asses!
Yup, those are the sorry sacks of crap in question.

Matt

Old 02-24-2010, 10:06 AM
TXHog69
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the Soldier David Croft? I served with him in Iraq he got killed two weeks before we went home. Thanks to all you PGR for what you do you have no idea how much it means to the families and friends.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:05 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by MattInFla
We had a mission over the weekend for a soldier from Plant City, and the Uninvited Guests were in attendance.

Fortunately, we had two factors in our favor. First, there is a Plant City ordinance that requires protesters to remain at least 300 feet from the property line of any church or funeral home during a funeral. Second, and even better, the church in question owns not only the plot of land the building is on, but also the adjacent plots on all sides.

The inbred WBC asshats were issued a permit 300 feet off the property line in the farthest available corner. Nobody at the church ever saw them or heard them at all. The processional route was selected to avoid the corner the WBC were infesting, and never came within sight. Instead, the family saw 100+ men and women on the flag line, and many more local residents lining the route to the cemetery with flags and signs in a tremendous outpouring of support and respect.

In the end, the WBC were all dressed up with no one to torment. One big plate of fail for them.

Matt
Most excellent work by all involved. Keep the scum of the earth away from the family in their time of sorrow. I beleive that is why most have joined the PGR and other good will groups.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXHog69
Was the Soldier David Croft? I served with him in Iraq he got killed two weeks before we went home. Thanks to all you PGR for what you do you have no idea how much it means to the families and friends.

TXHog, thanks for your service! Trust me, most all of us appreciate what you guys do! I got a lot of respect for all who serve these days; not like when I was active and so many were not serving by choice! A family friend just finished Marine Corps boot camp....he knows where he's going....but he joined anyway! Folks like that are already heroes! Very sorry for your loss. My fight was back in the jungle a very long time ago; I understand your loss; wish I had the magic words to say! Keep him in your heart. You never forget the ones who didn't come home!

Troll

Old 02-25-2010, 05:09 AM
MattInFla
Road Master

Originally Posted by TXHog69
The mission in question was for Spc. Eric Lembke, but we were also there for Sgt. Croft and his family.

Thank you for your service, and please know that it means so very much to all of us.

Matt