The Patriot Guard Riders A Place To Talk About The PGR and PGR Missions.

First Patriot Guard Mission Complete

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 07:47 PM
sargek
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Patriot Guard Mission Complete

I joined a couple of months ago and got my first email tonight about a mission Saturday. I will definitely be there. I've never done this before, but am looking forward to showing my support.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:04 PM
grasman
Cruiser

Sargek and Brohoss... It definately will be awe inspiring.&nbsp\\; You will get a lump in your throat for sure.&nbsp\\; Thank you for your support.&nbsp\\; I am happy to do whatever I can to help support our troops.
&nbsp\\;
Grasman

Old 06-27-2008, 12:40 AM
GBeck
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To all of you, retired military and just plain patriotic Americans who take of your personal time to show your appreciation for the troops and their families sacrifice- THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I'm currently on my 22nd year of serving YOU. I don't serve for a personal or political agenda. Like the majority of other servicemen and servicewoman, I do it because it's my way to give back to the greatest country on the planet. Yeah, we've got politicians and lawyers, and jailhouse lawyers for that matter, who will always get the blame or point fingers when things aren't going exactly as promised, but that's the nature of warfare. It ain't always linear! We also protect those who despise war and the very thought of any violence, and that's the best thing about this country - you can think, believe and rant what you want and you still keep your head, so scrane can be safe in the idea "they" won't be coming to his door in the middle of the night to take him away. No more soap box!

I am currently in Germany flying C-12 (KingAirs) and I was wondering if we have PGR here. I would love to take part in a ride for our guys and girls. Thanks again to everyone of you who keeps us in your thoughts and prayers! Your service is deeply appreciated by your servicemembers.

[IMG]local://upfiles/50983/832975E87CAB45D0A611F967764C06FA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-28-2008, 02:23 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

I'm kind of high-jacking this thread, but I just got back from Marine Sgt Mathew Mendoza's funeral here in San Antonio. I think there were over 70 PGR there and it was my first mission. I was choked up more times than I could count. As we wound through the neighborhoods around the church on the way to the cemetery, people came out of their houses and put their hands over their hearts. I will definitely be doing more of these. It's the least I can do...

Old 06-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

Hey Sargek,
Thanks for standing for Sgt Mendoza and his family.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:39 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

Thanks Scott - I was very honored to do it. What really got me was not only the actual funeral and what that meant, but the way people reacted: the folks standing in the street, the bikers spending roughly 6 hours in near 100 degree heat to do this, the people who actually pulled over and stopped while the procession went by. It really showed that some people really DO care about others, even though they never knew them. Every time I ride to work, I see cager after cager that doesn't give a sh^t about anything or anyone, and it really grates on me because it makes me think our world has gotten so selfish. This is a ramble, sorry, but had to get it off my chest. I was so moved by my first PGR experience I had to vent a little.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

Glad you saw the good in people.&nbsp\\; It's a bummer that it takes a tragedy to bring it to light.&nbsp\\; What moved me the most on my first Mission was the compassion displayed by the Solder's family and how appreciative and consoling they were to the PGR.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:47 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

Yeah, we got a lot of "thank you's" which was nice but I was kind of taken aback because I didn't feel like I was the one sacrificing - I felt like it was my duty. Never did anything in my military career because I wanted something out of it, I did it because it was what I was supposed to do, it was the mission. I would gladly give up a Saturday to help out. Hell, their son gave his life, what's one Saturday to me?

Sure glad I saw your's and others sig pix and checked out the PGR. Gives me some way to give back to those who gave all.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
pepi
Novice

I joined the PGR after learning about it here. I'll be doing my first mission on Friday and truthfully, it will be an absolute honor to be able to be there.
This country has given my family and I&nbsp\\;all the opportunity to get to where we are, Taking a day to honor someone who has given everything for us and support their family is really a miniscule thing, it really doesn't even begin to pay back what we owe these heroes.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Egras2k
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Being in the Service, I am glad the Patriot Guard does what they do. Its MUCH appreciated.

I am also proud to be a member of the Partiot Guard to offer support to my fellow Soldiers, fallen friends and those left behind.

Quick Reply: First Patriot Guard Mission Complete