The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Emission Testing in Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 08:30 PM
rinja64
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Emission Testing in Arizona

For those of you who are not aware, here is the latest on the very slow progress to remove the testing requirements. As you can see, it is not as simple as one might think.

http://www.azdeq.gov/environ/air/vei...ad/1119sip.pdf

You would think, stating something as simple as "All in favor, say I" would be good enough but no. It has to be a multi year study consisting of 138 pages and numerous meetings. As we say in our aerospace industry, you can't rush quality.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:29 PM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rinja64
For those of you who are not aware, here is the latest on the very slow progress to remove the testing requirements. As you can see, it is not as simple as one might think.

http://www.azdeq.gov/environ/air/vei...ad/1119sip.pdf

You would think, stating something as simple as "All in favor, say I" would be good enough but no. It has to be a multi year study consisting of 138 pages and numerous meetings. As we say in our aerospace industry, you can't rush quality.
I haven't had to have my bikes checked for a couple of years. I think it's only the Phoenix area with a problem.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:56 PM
rinja64
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Yep, Maricopa County. Just read in the ABATE paper, ADEQ wanted additional information which was supplied. Hopefully, as stated in the release, this could be finished by 1st qtr 2011.