The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Idiot in Sacramento = Noise laws = I hate these fools...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 05:06 PM
BlueNoser
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xenomorph
You people that cry about loud pipes are phuckin sad!

"The noise disturbed my nap"
"The pipes woke my baby"
"Haven't you ever heard of noise pollution?"
"Keep your pipes quiet or my woman is gonna wanna ***** you instead of me"

You have made your bull$#!+ quiet pipes argument time and time again. Every time you bitch about a Harley you should be comming to the realization that you just need to stick to Honda's, your bowling league and Lifetime Originals. Quit crying and go shine up your 10 speed. Regardless of laws, loud motorcycles WILL NOT go away!

God bless everything American!
Hey Zeno
Wake the F**k up, the loud motorcycles are going away. Towns, cities, States, and here in Canada "provinces" are making laws everyday and mandating quiet pipes.
When all that is left for you to ride is that Honda you hate so much you might realize the statements you are making are ludicrous.
Like everyone is sayin READ THE FREAKIN POST we all like the sound of a HD and great sounding pipes. There is just a time and place to be prudent that's all, we are not infringing on your rights, or dictating to you what to do, just trying to save motorcycling from being legislated in to extinction

Old 09-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Bear_925
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh man not this again, same ol tune geesh

Old 09-02-2010, 05:24 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by rh8234
Exactly my point!
Laws against noise should be directed at people/vehicles that violate the noise laws. THEY SHOULD NOT be directed at people/vehicles that have the CAPABILITY to exceed the noise levels established. The simple fact that my bike is CAPABLE of being too loud, should not get me a ticket. Every truck on the road is CAPABLE OF USING THE JACK BRAKE AND MAKING NOISE. They only get a ticket when they actually use it and do it in an area that has been designated as a "quiet zone". How about some similar consideraion for bikes? Do not set up road blocks and inspection sites for the sole purpose of testing my bike for the ABILITY to make too much noise. If I am in a "quiet zone" and get nailed for noisy pipes, then fine - I will take the ticket without bitching.
I agree with the having loud pipes. My last bike had Sampson slashers. Obnoxious is a better word. I got pulled over for the while idling through a town a 5mph. I got a warning but was added to a "list" if caught again it was $300.00. All my bike always had drag pipes. Now I run a 2-1 that's not exactly quiet when I get on it. But when I want it to be it is. And it's legal everywhere.

And trucks have weight stations. They're more than that. They are inspection stations also. If they see or hear anything wrong they pull you in back. If they want a good look they pull you into a garage and spend hours (that makes us lose money) inspecting it. Get caught with open stacks you may be out of service. Not just a ticket but your parked until it's fixed. They also have DOT troopers that are out there with portable scales and also set up random smoke tests. TRUCKS ONLY. So bikes aren't the only thing that would be subject to being singled out. Smoke stops are more common that portable scales. But singling out a certain vehicle is not a new idea. They did it to trucks cause truckers were running overweight, turned up (asjusting the fuel to the motor) causing more air pollution. So in a sense they did it to themselves too.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:03 PM
01hd
1st Gear

Can't we all just get along

Old 09-02-2010, 06:12 PM
LozoB
Tourer

Big giant earthquake, state tumbles into the sea. All is right in the world.