The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Idiot in Sacramento = Noise laws = I hate these fools...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 12:31 PM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifelong Biker
Ahhhhhhh little motorcyle noise disturbed your bicycle ride, here's a tissue!!!
That's what I was thinking LOL! I guess you would not like my XL50 then since I have open Matin Bros pipes on it and I love it. Hell I lost some low end just to have that mean *** sounds that you hate so much. Now and then it's nice to ride a bike that sounds good, but does not get crazy loud so that is why I just have nice slip on's on the 1200C.

I love a mean sounding bike so it does not bother me if a bike is loud, in fact when I hear a HD or any bike for that matter that does not make alot of nosie I look back that the wiffie and say was that thing running? LOL!

Old 09-02-2010, 12:32 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by kccustom
Maybe its just me but I love the sound of a lone bike in the middle of the night, I don't care how loud or how they are riding it. But I Love read meat, apple pie and my mom too.
I'm with you on that. Love the cool nights when I can sleep with the windows open. The highway is about 1.5 miles from my house, like to hear a bike cruising up the road. Also like the sound of tractor-trailer tires on the highway at night too! Comes from many a night working on a ranch next to 287 north of Amarillo and sleeping in an old travel trailer with no air conditioning...

Now, it would take the detonation of a thermonuclear device to wake me...

Old 09-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I woulda shot him.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:53 PM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RFG
You guys are confusing **** here. Did he say load pipes have to go ? Be banned? NO. He said ******** that have to twist the wick like they twist there little dicks have to. And thats the reason for new laws.

Amazing. Grown men can't even take the time to read and comprehend what is being said.

And as far as truck noise. They're laws against that too. And most towns have signs posted about using our engine brakes. So save that "what about trucks" ****. We have more laws than you and cars total. And for every one truck making a local delivery you have probably 20 or more bikes. So it's gonna be noticed more when ya hear bikes all day and a truck occasionally.
Exactly my point!
Laws against noise should be directed at people/vehicles that violate the noise laws. THEY SHOULD NOT be directed at people/vehicles that have the CAPABILITY to exceed the noise levels established. The simple fact that my bike is CAPABLE of being too loud, should not get me a ticket. Every truck on the road is CAPABLE OF USING THE JACK BRAKE AND MAKING NOISE. They only get a ticket when they actually use it and do it in an area that has been designated as a "quiet zone". How about some similar consideraion for bikes? Do not set up road blocks and inspection sites for the sole purpose of testing my bike for the ABILITY to make too much noise. If I am in a "quiet zone" and get nailed for noisy pipes, then fine - I will take the ticket without bitching.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Keitht
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love a mean sounding bike so it does not bother me if a bike is loud,
We are not discussing whether or not it bothers the guy with the loud pipes. Of coarse it doesn't bother you. Your hearing was shot years ago. But should other people be subjected to your loud pipes?

And how is this any different than me wiring the horn of my car to activate while driving? As long as it doesn't bother me, should it be ok?

I haven't heard a sensible argument in favor of loud pipes yet.
Still waiting.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:10 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RFG
We only have ourselves (not me or you persay) to blame.

I'm right with ya on this.
I agree......it's the south park POS morons that ruin it for everyone

Old 09-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Xenomorph
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You people that cry about loud pipes are phuckin sad!

"The noise disturbed my nap"
"The pipes woke my baby"
"Haven't you ever heard of noise pollution?"
"Keep your pipes quiet or my woman is gonna wanna ***** you instead of me"

You have made your bull$#!+ quiet pipes argument time and time again. Every time you bitch about a Harley you should be comming to the realization that you just need to stick to Honda's, your bowling league and Lifetime Originals. Quit crying and go shine up your 10 speed. Regardless of laws, loud motorcycles WILL NOT go away!

God bless everything American!

Old 09-02-2010, 01:29 PM
VirtualNorm
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xenomorph
You people that cry about loud pipes are phuckin sad!

"The noise disturbed my nap"
"The pipes woke my baby"
"Haven't you ever heard of noise pollution?"
"Keep your pipes quiet or my woman is gonna wanna ***** you instead of me"

You have made your bull$#!+ quiet pipes argument time and time again. Every time you bitch about a Harley you should be comming to the realization that you just need to stick to Honda's, your bowling league and Lifetime Originals. Quit crying and go shine up your 10 speed. Regardless of laws, loud motorcycles WILL NOT go away!

God bless everything American!

Wow, your kinda scary when your behind a keyboard. I think we have all heard of noise pollution, and we all know what it is. Glad to see other people's need for peace, quiet or sleep is not letting you enjoy yourself.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:33 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with everybody - I don't like retards who rev their bike at every stop (excepting those whose bikes don't run for crap and they have to) - do these people think it's cool to make everybody else thionk your bike won't run? I don't like stereos on bikes under any circumstances. AND I agree that the OP is a bicycle riding green tea drinking sissy. Serious about all of those.

Did I leave anything about?

Old 09-02-2010, 03:52 PM
LozoB
Tourer

Anyone with any common sense should move away from the retard state that is california. Leave it to the tree huggers, vegans and pedal bikers wearing the short pants.

Quick Reply: Idiot in Sacramento = Noise laws = I hate these fools...