The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Idiot in Sacramento = Noise laws = I hate these fools...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:23 AM
url8
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by petemac
Very deep thinking.....and you're calling others idiots?

Me thinks all this tough talk wouldn't be happening face to face with the guy on the loud bike and you on your Schwinn. Safer to run home and hide behind the computer and whine.
Petemac you are so right!! Aw...the anonymity of the internet where men are men and sheep are nervous. Lots of crazy talk on here but hey...my belief is that 1/3 of these idiots don’t even own bikes!!!
Ride safe...

Old 09-02-2010, 10:26 AM
VirtualNorm
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 32vld
Having loud pipes is PC, no not polictically correct, (small) PC ***** compensator.

Theres a PC goes up my hill almost every evening. He goes up holding back on the throttle some what. But, when he gets to the top and up shifts he makes his pipes roar and sets of a car alarm every time.

The people that want to have freedoms always abuse them until they **** off enough people and have them taken away. Then cry society is picking in me.

Then show how smart and original they are by calling people names.

I would have to agree with this 100% A few bad apples.. Ruin it for everybody. There is a time and place for it, not every place and not every time...

Old 09-02-2010, 10:44 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

It really pisses me off when I am laying awake in bed at 2:00 in the morning and the noisy trains behind the house drown out the melodious (sp?) sound of the neighbors Harley as it pulls out of the driveway. It also pisses me off when I am riding next to a truck and I cannot even hear my V&H straightshots over the sound of the truck next to me. What pisses me off most though, is the people that think only motorcycle noise is obnoxious. NOISE IS NOISE! Do Not pick on my bike's noise and at the same time allow all other kinds of noise to exist in your neighborhood. Get a life.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:46 AM
BlueNoser
Tourer

Originally Posted by bjewell
If you are the fat-*** urinal cake i...
Love the description

I am going to use this on my neighbor.
I live on a hill and putt up the hill in 2nd gear to keep the noise down. Last friday night 10pm my fat-*** urinal cake neighbor blasts by me on the hill on his loud and sh***ty sounding metric. Later when me and my buds were having a beer in my garage he came walking by and made a joke about the underpowered hog struggling to get up the hill.

I don't think he's going to stop by for a beer any more.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:25 AM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

You guys are confusing **** here. Did he say load pipes have to go ? Be banned? NO. He said ******** that have to twist the wick like they twist there little dicks have to. And thats the reason for new laws.

Amazing. Grown men can't even take the time to read and comprehend what is being said.

And as far as truck noise. They're laws against that too. And most towns have signs posted about using our engine brakes. So save that "what about trucks" ****. We have more laws than you and cars total. And for every one truck making a local delivery you have probably 20 or more bikes. So it's gonna be noticed more when ya hear bikes all day and a truck occasionally.

Last edited by RFG7680; 09-02-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Keitht
Advanced

The people that want to have freedoms always abuse them until they **** off enough people and have them taken away. Then cry society is picking in me.

Then show how smart and original they are by calling people names.
+2

How true. There really is such a thing as NOISE POLLUTION. The old adage about - loud pipes saves lives - is just that, a senseless saying. I could do the same thing in my car by wiring the horn to activate while driving. It's that old attitude that says: I don't care about other people, only myself.

I would LOVE to challange someone of this forum to engage me in an honost, clean, stimulating debate about bikes and noise pollution. I realize that they will never happen because the proponents of noise pollution know that they are wrong and can only come up with little sayings such as:
"I'll get rid of my pipes as soon as they outlaw the fairy **** spandex outfits you bicyclist wear."
in their defense. That and rude or crude comments. In other words, they are defenseless.

So come on: Let's hear someone, anyone, step up and make an intellectual argument in favor of loud pipes!

I'm waiting.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:41 AM
JollyRogers
Road Master

I would like to personally and publicly thank the guy that rides up Rt 301 in Virginia on his bicycle in his spandex yellow outfit in the middle of the right lane. He refuses to get over at all and demands he has every right to ride down the middle of a 55mph 4 lane highway in which most are doing 60-65. I have more then once had cars and 18 wheelers trying to get around him and swerve into me as I am traveling in the left lane. Usually because I don't see him (the bicycle guy being hidden by SUVs or big trucks) and the other drivers are more worried about him then me. When I do see him, I am all caution cause I know he is going to disrupt traffic flow dramatically. Wait a sec, I do personally thank him every morning when I go by him and I know he has heard me cause he gives me the bird when I tell him to move the F over.

Usually I am very respectful of people riding their bicycles, but this guy is an arsehat about it.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:46 AM
kccustom
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe its just me but I love the sound of a lone bike in the middle of the night, I don't care how loud or how they are riding it. But I Love read meat, apple pie and my mom too.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:54 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

""
Usually I am very respectful of people riding their bicycles, but this guy is an arsehat about it.""

Don't feel bad, we spent a small fortune in tax dollars to make bike trails all over the city and the sob's still have to ride in the road.

But I guess all this shows is that there's a$$holes everywhere.

Al

Old 09-02-2010, 11:55 AM
BlueNoser
Tourer

Originally Posted by JollyRogers
I would like to personally and publicly thank the guy that rides up Rt 301 in Virginia on his bicycle in his spandex yellow outfit in the middle of the right lane..
What the H*ll does this have to do with some di**head twisting the throttle and making noise.
This is not about loud pipes, I love my loud pipes. It's about using your brains and keeping the noise to a minimum WHEN YOU CAN.

I will give you an analogy......
You just blew the exhaust off your car and you are trying to get to a muffler shop, a cop passes you and you feather in the exhaust to stay as quiet as possible.
How about this,,,
You've had a few beer and are sneaking home, you see a cop sitting by the road, you feather in the throttle and putt by him.

The bottom line is you can make a considerable effort to be quiter if you want. The idiots that blat through subdivisions, crank it at every intersection and blast up and down quiet residential streets are ruining it for us all PERIOD.

Quick Reply: Idiot in Sacramento = Noise laws = I hate these fools...