The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Calif. State Senate votes to ban noisy motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Len
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets just hope the rest of this country does not become over run with liberal F%*$ s who mess everyting up! more than they have already.

I'm a liberal and I haven't messed anything up . . I've coached youth programs, I'm an accredited teacher, a successful businessman . . stop with your overgeneralizations. . . dummy. . . there are ********* on both sides of the aisle. . why put politics into everything? The law is 27 years old and has never been enforced. . why does make it a liberal screwing it up?
Seems to me it's the stupid irresponsible bikers (like you and me) that need to take responsibility for our actions. . and, if we don't like something, we can become proactive and act like adults and not children - and do something about it rather than calling each other names. .

- Angry Armed Jewish Liberal

Old 08-31-2010, 07:51 PM
noname
Club Member
Received 989 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
I disagree. If soccer mom is next to you, she will indeed hear the thunder over her loudmouth kids. If she is ahead of you, different story.

I believe you are heard on the road enough to be of "some" help to you.
But I honestly don't believe there is one biker in existence that truly runs loud pipes for safety reasons. LOL They ride the pipes cuz they like 'em!
Maybe if someone is beside you they might hear. I was picturing in my mind when I posted, them sitting at a stop sign a half block ahead of you they won't hear your pipes at the stop sign their sitting at and pull in front of you. That's what I was thinking of. I do agree people with loud pipes run them because they want to. Not for any perceived safety reason. Noname

Old 08-31-2010, 07:57 PM
HillBilly73
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's all these damn baby boomers getting old and starting to bitch, not all of coarse. It's a bunch of BS that because you don't like something you can just write it into law and take away liberties. Hell I hate the fact someone can crank up the lawn mower and cut the grass in the morning. For those against loud pipes go F yourself and quit stepping on my liberties. And this ***** isn't over soon Harleys will be water cooled and built in Mexico or some other trashy overseas location. Freedom isn't free (I know but it is a good quote) this is just the begining, every time they get a law passed they gain weight for a new one. How do you think our founding fathers would have reacted to gay marriage? But our *** hat elected officials reinvent the constituion every chance they get to suit there needs. "Change is coming" now we know what the hell he meant. Ok enough for now starting to **** me. You may like your stock pipes, I don't.

Last edited by HillBilly73; 08-31-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:19 PM
clicker01
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Len
Lets just hope the rest of this country does not become over run with liberal F%*$ s who mess everyting up! more than they have already.

I'm a liberal and I haven't messed anything up . . I've coached youth programs, I'm an accredited teacher, a successful businessman . . stop with your overgeneralizations. . . dummy. . . there are ********* on both sides of the aisle. . why put politics into everything? The law is 27 years old and has never been enforced. . why does make it a liberal screwing it up?
Seems to me it's the stupid irresponsible bikers (like you and me) that need to take responsibility for our actions. . and, if we don't like something, we can become proactive and act like adults and not children - and do something about it rather than calling each other names. .

- Angry Armed Jewish Liberal
Shalom bro

Old 08-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
But I honestly don't believe there is one biker in existence that truly runs loud pipes for safety reasons.
I do, I do! I like my loud pipes running through moose and deer country. Honest to God, I have had moose move back into the woods cause they heard me coming. Saw it with my own eyes. Little downshift from 3'd to 4th did the trick. But, in town I am as quiet as can be.

And the speed of sound is 768 mph, so people ( and deer and moose ) ahead of you will hear you before you get to them.

But, yeah, I like the way my pipes sound.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Bear_925
Tourer

Originally Posted by jackinthebox
I see it both ways. I ride with a thunderheader on my bike so it's not quiet,but when in a neighborhood or at a stop sign I don't sit there and goose the throttle. I have ridden with a few guys that just sat there and gooses the throttle at a stop light...
I think its true you get out what you put in ya know.

Someone on here once said good advice about being a biker,

"Don't rev the engine just to hear yourself"

Last edited by Bear_925; 08-31-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:55 PM
justanotherjim
Road Master

Location: kingman AZ. We aren't in hell, but you can see it from here!!!
Received 62 Likes on 21 Posts

"The law is 27 years old and has never been enforced. . why does make it a liberal screwing it up?"
So....... Because the law was not properly enforced, it's okay to write a redundant bill to enforce something that wasn't being enforced to begin with

Old 08-31-2010, 09:05 PM
QehQeh
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, you people with the loud motorcycles… wake up! You are a VERY small percentage of the general population. Whether you believe we live in a Republic or a Democracy, either way, the MAJORITY rules here, and the majority of the general population is sick of your loud motorcycles.
Oh, it’s the big bad boogieman government trying to take away your rights, your liberties, trying to “control” the way you live. Are you kidding? You’ve pissed off too many people, for too long, and they’re doing something about it, that’s all. Sorry, it’s the majority that decides what liberties you have.
If you think that you have the RIGHT to run loud pipes, quit whining about it and get involved in the legislative process.

And BTW, for all you Big-Brains who would like to see California fall off into the ocean, be careful what you wish for - California is one of the largest economies in the WORLD and most of the rest of the United States would be in a world of hurt without California’s economy. Yeah, we have our problems, but nobody is forcing you to live here.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by QehQeh
Hey, you people with the loud motorcycles… wake up! You are a VERY small percentage of the general population. Whether you believe we live in a Republic or a Democracy, either way, the MAJORITY rules here, and the majority of the general population is sick of your loud motorcycles.
Oh, it’s the big bad boogieman government trying to take away your rights, your liberties, trying to “control” the way you live. Are you kidding? You’ve pissed off too many people, for too long, and they’re doing something about it, that’s all. Sorry, it’s the majority that decides what liberties you have.
If you think that you have the RIGHT to run loud pipes, quit whining about it and get involved in the legislative process.

And BTW, for all you Big-Brains who would like to see California fall off into the ocean, be careful what you wish for - California is one of the largest economies in the WORLD and most of the rest of the United States would be in a world of hurt without California’s economy. Yeah, we have our problems, but nobody is forcing you to live here.
No, it's not the majority. I never saw voting booths set up for people to vote on loud pipe laws. More like some snobs who don't ride make up rules to suit themselves.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:17 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by paulhog
Sign this letter and click send. It goes to the Governor.

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/utr/1/GUC...JRL/5718095556
Signed and sent. Now lets see how many others from Cali. do the same. Would be interesting to find out who acts and who just complains.

Quick Reply: Calif. State Senate votes to ban noisy motorcycles