The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Calif. State Senate votes to ban noisy motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 02:29 PM
michaelm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is why I use fullsac 2.0" baffles. Probably not loud enough to get me pulled over, but if I am, the EPA stamp is on the mufflers. No cop in the world can tell by looking they're not stock.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:34 PM
noname
Club Member
Received 989 Likes on 541 Posts

I'm all about supporting peoples freedoms. Freedom comes with responsibility. For too long a lot of people have complained that various bikes have way too loud pipes. I know certain people who want to have the pipes be as loud as possible. To some, there is no such thing as loud enough, much less too loud. I have heard many say in response to noise complaints, too bad. You're too old or, it's mine and I'll ride it the way I want to. That's all fine and dandy as long as you're the only one who has to hear it. The fact is you're not. To some in the loud, louder, loudest pipe noise makers, you aren't your own best friend sometimes. You can't possibly be surprised that some are coming, with the force of law, to do what you wouldn't. Noname

Old 08-31-2010, 02:40 PM
ultra big mac
Advanced

Loud pipes save lives!!!!!

Old 08-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Jon H
Road Master

Originally Posted by chuckw2
"They came for the 2013's and I said nothing because I did not have a 2013....."
+1
I must have some brain cells working today, because that made sense.
Made me think! It's from a saying that I believe I saw here on HD forums. The "and I said nothing" part is what woke me up!
Jon

Old 08-31-2010, 02:51 PM
Dog Father
Cruiser

So far we have avoided this happening in Mass. The liberals here don't like to be outdone by CA so it is only a matter of time....

Old 08-31-2010, 03:08 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessin that Guvnuh Ahnold has just viewed that episode of South Park, 'The F Word'...

Blub, blub, blub, blub, blub, blub, blub...

Old 08-31-2010, 03:22 PM
LRHD
Road Captain

I'm all for loud pipes but you can ride somewhat quiet thru a neighborhood at low rpms. Hope it doesn't pass.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:32 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by LRHD
I'm all for loud pipes but you can ride somewhat quiet thru a neighborhood at low rpms. Hope it doesn't pass.

I used to shoot with some of the LEO in our area,, the city of Bloomington (Mpls Sub) has noise enforcement signs up and I asked one of their officers about it, he said, it was because to many of the drivers didn't have the brains to keep their bikes and cars quiet while running though town.

Sometimes ya reap what ya sow.

Its not about your freedom, its about everybodies.

Al

Old 08-31-2010, 03:37 PM
chicanagirl
Road Warrior
Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

Does Governor Arnold have the cajones to terminate this bill?

Old 08-31-2010, 03:56 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a great example of the squeaky wheel getting the grease.

The ASSemble person that introduced this AB originally just doesn't like loud noise period. If you google the bill you will also find out that she is part of "group" (not many members I might add but very well connected) that think if you front door creaks you should be fined.

Then you have to take into consideration how many riders are there in our government? Not enough to matter. Once again it would be if you scratch my back I'll scratch yours scenario.

"IF" everyone that is now going ah crap had taken time to write their reps maybe it wouldn't have gone this far. Maybe we should now try hitting up Mr. Shriver and ask him to veto it. JMHO

Quick Reply: Calif. State Senate votes to ban noisy motorcycles