The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

****ing bull****!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:21 AM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In Louisiana it's mandatory to have liability insurance. No MC endorsement, no insurance. That being said, Motorcycle Officers are not really interested in waving at you in my experience, so I don't do it anymore. He could have given you a warning though. It's not like you were pulling wheelies down the street.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:55 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Whatta shitty deal.

Back when I started riding I just figured it was less hassle to just get the damned endorsement. Of course back then there were no rider classes/courses, no probationary periods. Just go down the DMV, take the written test, ride it around and through some cones, and you were a licensed mc rider. Today its all about the money....them gettin yours.

Now after paying the $790 in tickets and fines (you really didn't get a $790. ticket, right?), are they making you go through the riders classes and all that bs too?

Old 03-18-2010, 02:19 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

That really blows. $790 seems extremely excessive. I'd go before the judge and if you don't have alot of tickets or other criminal records I bet you can get it reduces prmaybe even dropped if you will agree to go on probation for a few weeks. If you get the endorsement during the probation period and don't get any more tickets during that time they won't put it on your insurance. I don't know how old you are but some of the older guys I ride with don't even have to have the endorsement because the endorsement law started after they had already started riding and they were grandfathered in and don't have to have the endorsement.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:37 PM
rickb
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah I rode for alot years with out one. Luckily never was stopped. This year I went ahead and got one. have been riding out of state so thought better safe than sorry. Hate to have to leave the bike in another state and try to get back home (bet that would be fun). Never would have figured $790 ouch.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:40 PM
hyPerhog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually i found out its only going to 400 for the tickets. i was doubling them because it was a const. zone but found out no workers present means no double fines. so 400 in fines, 360 for the mandatory 2 day class ( its 180 ea but my wife is taking it with me she always want to learn how to ride but was scared). we are taking it this sat and sun so im hoping since i get all legaled up by monday that i will be able get the fine reduced. got the name of a good ticket laywer from a member here. thanks monstead :-)

Old 03-18-2010, 07:18 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Best of luck to ya....

Old 03-18-2010, 07:29 PM
JimmySGC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Getting the MC endorsement was the first thing I did, even before getting the bike. Now I have broken one rule a few times, seems you're suppose to wear a helmet your first year with the endorsement. OOPS

Old 03-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Shovelhead Jack
Banned

Cops suck. Sorry you got snagged. Clocked at 32, gimme a fuggin' break.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:47 PM
SaltyHawg
Cruiser

I can understand getting a ticket for not having the endorsement, you knowingly took that risk, but for going 2 MPH over the speed limit? I thought most jurisdictions give you at least a 5 mph cushion. Almost sounds like a speed trap to me set up to drum up revenue. If that's the case, the judge may not be too forgiving.

Good luck.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:57 PM
hyPerhog
Cruiser

i really think he was bored and was going to give me a warning after talking bikes for a bit. but then he saw no endorsment.. he did let me drive it home maybe he felt bad. still is bs....

Quick Reply: ****ing bull****!