The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

all you socal riders... here it comes!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:35 PM
bsea
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by frankjake
I haven't read all the post of this topic, but so far all I can say is your "customer" is a total jerk. He was obvioulsy some kind of a dork in school and had to prove something by becoming a cop.

Wow, and you figured all of that out from one post. You must be a lot of fun at parties. So if someone farts can you tell what they had for dinner?

Bill

Old 03-02-2009, 09:35 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slowenwobbly
It's never Your responsibility to prove Your innocence in court.
The State has the responsibility to prove You are guilty of the infraction for which You have been cited.
Sorry, that dog don't hunt and if you don't think so check out the State of California V. Melody Robbin Woods circa 1992. This was the original DOT sticker case where she bought a helmet that was a novelty helmet and it had a DOT sticker affixed to the helmet. The state had no approved helmet list and still doesn't. However, it is you that must prove the helmet passes the federal safety standard, not the state. This pretty much took the need for any approved helmet list right out of the picture. It's no different than you proving you have insurance or a registration.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Roadking Cal
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And, again, I'm so glad I don't acll California my home.

"B.O.H.I.C.A."!

Old 03-03-2009, 06:07 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Originally Posted by 7/11 The Crapshooter
The sun glasses thing was actually correct and as it should have been. Those glasses that where being used prevented the driver or operator from seeing out the side either right or left. This was back when they had those huge temple pieces and while you may have been able to see an 18 wheeler, you dang sure couldn't see a motorcycle without turning your head far enough for the eye to look through the lens.
Is there some law against this? I know someone who gets his drivers license every year and he has I guess what you would call "tunnel vision". He can't see much to the side at all, he's got to turn his head a lot. I will admit it's scary to ride in the car with him, he's constantly turning his head back and forth. I gotta think he can't see any better than these types of glasses you are talking about. If there is some law, he should be allowed to drive, but DMV gives him a license and he's never got a ticket because of his tunnel vision.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:29 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Knock on wood...but you said Orange County right?

There you go then.

Ya know ****s different in LA than down here in Dago. LOL.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:29 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Was only a matter of time.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

So, here it comes? Where is it? This thread was started almost a year ago and I have yet to hear of any great number of people in socal complain that they've gotten a loud pipes ticket. Come on. Where are you? Let us know what's really going on because I don't believe we have the straight story yet. I've got Vance and Hines Big Shot Longs and almost every Harley I see or hear on the road has louder than stock pipes. I have more LEO's wave at me than I see with bikes pulled over. I think the loud pipe police must have gotten laid off or something.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:39 AM
Connor17
Intermediate

wow I can't believe this I am from Mission Viejo and I am moving back in May!!!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 06:34 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by frankjake
Is there some law against this? I know someone who gets his drivers license every year and he has I guess what you would call "tunnel vision". He can't see much to the side at all, he's got to turn his head a lot. I will admit it's scary to ride in the car with him, he's constantly turning his head back and forth. I gotta think he can't see any better than these types of glasses you are talking about. If there is some law, he should be allowed to drive, but DMV gives him a license and he's never got a ticket because of his tunnel vision.
There sure is.
Temple Width of Glasses

23120. No person shall operate a motor vehicle while wearing glasses having a temple width of one-half inch or more if any part of such temple extends below the horizontal center of the lens so as to interfere with lateral vision.

Added Ch. 531, Stats. 1959. Effective September 18, 1959.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Grizzly6
3rd Gear
Default socal riders

good cop bad cop , what happens happens , Don't throw out those stock parts because I would put them back on , sign the ticket off and then switch everything back .

Quick Reply: all you socal riders... here it comes!