The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007 | 10:09 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Default RE: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

Nah, he means "slip n fall" liability.......you know, like the kind where you park then stoll in and bust yer butt on their wet floor and sue them(hey that's an idea! Maybe 50 bikers need to park then walk in and end up in a dogpile inside their door and sue the chit out of them!)

Think about it....If they getany moreafraid of liability, they will toss us our burgers from accross the street and no one will be even allowed on their property.

This old world has became SO dangerous, hasn't it?Yep, NORMAL people today must think us bikers are totally nutz to be running around without side airbags......God knows how they would react if they discovered I ain't never used a condom on their daughter or wife either!

Old 12-13-2007 | 10:16 PM
ndotken
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: NCCopBikeRider

Has this happend to you?
Nope

Old 12-13-2007 | 10:35 PM
Slick02
Tourer

I've never had a problem at Wendy's other than them messing up the order either on the bike or in the cage. A couple of times I've even ordered a plain cheeseburger and had the kid unwrap it and feed it to my dog in the back of the truck.

Iwent thru a McDonalds drive thru once on a horse way back in the early 80's,this was before they used sensers. Damn it was hard getting him to step on that rubber bell hose.
Everyone came to the window to see

Old 12-13-2007 | 10:59 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member

WA!

Old 12-13-2007 | 11:08 PM
waterdog
Tourer

I have gone thru the drive-thrus at MacD's, BK, KFC to pickup lunch for work, and even at a "Starbucks clone" coffee place and have never had a problem as described.

I have had teenagers and adults alike with a dumbfounded look on their face ask "You're on a MC. Where are you going to put your food (or drink)?" Well,Food in the LH saddlebag and drink in the (Duh!) cup-holder on the handlebars!

No-one has ever refused me service at a drive-thru, but then I never taken the bike thru a Wendy's. I'll have to give that a try soon.

ORIGINAL: NCCopBikeRider

Pulled up to the Take Out Window, clerk says: "We don't serve motorcycles at the Drive Up Window. If you want something you have to come inside"

Asked why, was told, same line of BS. By this time, cars were starting to line up behind bike. Asked for Manager, was told to come inside to talk with Manager. Asked for Manager again. Told to wait until he was ready to see me. By this time again, cars are honking their horns.
I think if this ever does happen to me I'll do just exactly what theytell me to do.I'll get off my bike right there at the pickup window, lock it, and then walk into the restaurant to get my food.

After all the fuss the cagers willmake from being backed up behind a vacant MC, I'll bet the restaurant workers will think twice before doing it to the next biker.

Old 12-13-2007 | 11:42 PM
bikergeoff
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Streetrunner

Wonder what would have happened if they did that to a 1%er?
Pop the clutch and fill the window with tire smoke...

Old 12-13-2007 | 11:53 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior

I have never been refused service at a drive-thru on my bike. I had some strange looks, though...Paying is no worse than at a frickin toll booth. I just hand the folks my money and stuff the bag in my jacket. No Problem!

Old 12-13-2007 | 11:58 PM
socalmoe
Tourer

You are brave for riding thru, I pressure wash drive thru restaurants/fast food joints and I would never consider rolling my bike thru there; specially is the area is cement. You would not believe the amount of oil there.You can "oil up" you tires, boots and slip, worse lose it in a turn. To me is more of a safety issue!

Old 12-14-2007 | 12:03 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Why not do what the man says? Just go home, call about 20 of your bros, and go to Wendy's, park your bikes one to a space, and go inside to order. I am sure that they will welcome you with open arms. BTW, those little ketchup packets, they make a funny noise when you step on them. If you're really good, you can get buns to stick to the ceiling. Remember to wink atsoccer mom and the kids. Some of those places have a playground too. Lotsa fun.

And mmmm, what great food....

Old 12-14-2007 | 12:44 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Supporter

Why would you want to eat there in the 1st place ??!!! Wendy's is the worst of the worse !! Not just because that gal found (put) a severed finger in the chili either . . . that happened here in San Jose.

Quick Reply: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up