The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007 | 07:38 PM
NCCopBikeRider
|
Road Warrior
Default RE: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

Very interesting replies to a simple question, had this happended to you?

Thanks all

Old 12-13-2007 | 07:40 PM
pirateheadman
Cruiser

I'm amazed that any of youagreed with the restaurant.

Old 12-13-2007 | 07:44 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

I've never driven the bike through a drive thru. Where the hell do you put the food after you get it??????

Old 12-13-2007 | 08:10 PM
Keats
Intermediate

I must admit, I was surprised at the reponses even more than the situation.
I think they should serve motorcyclists and if they cannot handle the orders it is
the cyclist problem. I am in the retail/service business and to not display a reasonable reason not to serve
you is unacceptable. I would hope you would pursue this, just for the future. As far as our fellow cycle buddies, I would hope
they would be more supportive, you never know when you will be discrimminated against for a silly reason.

Old 12-13-2007 | 08:30 PM
atexn4christ
Road Master

I never tried to go thru the drive-thru on my bike. Its just easier for me to go inside and sit down.

Having said that you should go back thru when they say that they can't serve walk up customers. Light up the tire right there and say could I have done that if I walked up.

I did go thru backwards once at a Taco Bueno. They did not think it was as funny as we did. They called the cops. 13 of us crammed into my 1980 Olds station wagen. Those were the days.

Old 12-13-2007 | 08:39 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Chicago Spike
Sorry, but I agree with the manager. Bikes don;t belong in drive-ups, especially when there is only 1 lane like at fast food joints. Yeah, speaking your order is quick enough, but get up to the pay window and you gotta lean over, dig out your money, dig the change back into a pocket. Then you gotta waddle up to the next window, stand-up to take your order, find a place to put it, secure it, sit back down, adjust, then ride off. JMHO sorry
Hell, I've been behind people in cars who did exactly what you described.

Myself? I don't care for going through drive-thrus on a bike too much because there isalways a BIG oil stain where you stop to pay and pick up your food.

Old 12-13-2007 | 08:54 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member

Haven't you seen the VISA commercial where you swipe and go ? We don't use no stinkin cash!

ORIGINAL: lp

ORIGINAL: Chicago Spike

Sorry, but I agree with the manager. Bikes don;t belong in drive-ups, especially when there is only 1 lane like at fast food joints. Yeah, speaking your order is quick enough, but get up to the pay window and you gotta lean over, dig out your money, dig the change back into a pocket. Then you gotta waddle up to the next window, stand-up to take your order, find a place to put it, secure it, sit back down, adjust, then ride off. JMHO sorry
Dude you're a riot...now the customers are too slow??????
Everyone knows you're going to bewaiting and waiting and waiting for that "fast" food no matter what you drive up in. A bike adds no time at all.

My vote is because the customer might fall over at the window and sue or something. Man who knows?

lp

Old 12-13-2007 | 09:26 PM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Taterdog

I've never driven the bike through a drive thru. Where the hell do you put the food after you get it??????
In your mouth.

Old 12-13-2007 | 09:52 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned

I don't do drive-thrus on my bikes for reasons stated above.....Hell, I hardly do them when I am in my truck.

BUT I can understand your gripe....it's hard enuff for us to convince cagers we are entitled toboth halves of thelane in traffic.

I'm thinking that manager needs a lesson in respect because if he treats bikers that way at his drive up, he certainly don't cut them no slack when he's wrapped in tin.

Old 12-13-2007 | 09:56 PM
kart11
Tourer

Liability ?????? I dont get it..........I have never seen anyone one a bike riding down the road eating a cheeseburger, but how many cagers eat while driving ???...... oh and oops the fries just fell to the floor you reach down to pick them up then[sm=gears.gif]you just hit that guy on a bike you didnt see........... so bullshit on the liability.

Quick Reply: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up