The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007 | 04:51 PM
cjuetten
Tourer
Default RE: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

ORIGINAL: NCCopBikeRider

cjutten:

You would have done what?

Ridden Off

Gone Inside

What

Appreciate the support

Have a wonderful day, and don't ride your bike to Wendy's

Life too short to get all worked up over aWendy's sandwich. Save you anger and frustration for real problems like cancer or a death in the family. Not only did you waste the 5 minutes but you let it fester to the point you had to complain to anyone that would listen (I'm guilty).

I would havetaken the 30 seconds to parkedthe bike walk inand pick up my meal (instead of wasting 5 minute of my life that I'll never get back arguing with some fast food manager). andmoved on to bigger and better thing...............hell that me though, do what work best for you.

As you may have guessed I'm really not overly concerned about fast food employees taking a crap on me........more worried about cops with short fuses

Old 12-13-2007 | 04:54 PM
gene01
Road Captain

well, I will not spend my money at Wendy's, if she wantes to spend her own money that is fine..... I told her that...
trust me, she is not missing out, her allowance is more than many working peoples take home ..... I pay her insurance, I bought her a new car, I pay her telephone bill, her cell phone bill, she doesn't pay for food or lodging, she is over 18, in college and probably spends 2,000.00 a month above what I spend on her having fun....
ORIGINAL: cjuetten

ORIGINAL: gene01

I had the same experience at Wendy's about 3 months ago, I had an order of about 45.00, they after I ordered and got to the window to pay said" you have to go inside to pay and get your food, I will not serve you here, I am clean cut riding a bike worth more than any car in the line behind me, I said if you don't want to sell it to me here, then you pay for it, I went to the drive thru for convenience, if they didn't have one, I would have gone somewhere else and from that point forward, I do..... I will not go there in any of my cars, my daughter loves Wendy's, she has not eaten there since.... I told her I will not pay for any food from their company and that if she eats there, she will need to start paying for all of her entertainment and her food not eaten at home from now on.... I feel bad for her but will not support that establishment..... I never went inside never paid for the food, never received the food and told them I would never be back.....screw them..............
Man you guys are serious about your food service. Sacrifice you daughter's happiness to makezero impact on some large corporation's bottom dollar.Who do you think isreally feeling the impact of your actions????

Old 12-13-2007 | 05:20 PM
nwbobnw
Cruiser

As for it taking to long to get your money out at the drive through etc. They sure don't have a problem waiting for you to get your money out at the TOLL BOOTH!

Old 12-13-2007 | 05:59 PM
Born2cure
Road Captain

Here in Morris IL if you refuse the biker you lose a 3rd of your buisness. Mc Ds/ Wendys/ BK/ and Toco bell no problem with drive up on a scooter. Bad enough being ignored by cagers now by a fast food flunky.
By the way isn't that what started the hollister Riot of 1947 the KFC refused to serve bikers.

Old 12-13-2007 | 06:02 PM
pab
Tourer

Iagreewith CKinAZ,andRDM. The dude did you a favor. The food would have probably made you sick. It really does suck. Or, worse yet, you could have had the HOT coffee experience that old lady had a few years ago at McDonalds & burnt yourself, except since you were on your bike you would have been holding the coffee between your legs and then you would have an experience far worse than the old babe's experience. You got off light.

Old 12-13-2007 | 06:34 PM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: nwbobnw

As for it taking to long to get your money out at the drive through etc. They sure don't have a problem waiting for you to get your money out at the TOLL BOOTH!
You have got that right! Same oil slicks, same wait to get your change out but they still expect you to stop and pay.

Have done the drive-up thing a few times on my bike and no issues. Same thing with the bank, I have used the drive-up when the lobby was closed.

Old 12-13-2007 | 06:45 PM
Faulkner
Road Captain

In my view, it's still a free country. Regardless of the potential business consequences, if they want to refuse service to motorcycles in the drive up I say it's their business to run as they please.

Old 12-13-2007 | 06:58 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member

I'd call the Cops

Seriously, sounds like the workers at this Wendy's are a bunch of dummies. What a horrible excuse for customer service. Next time try McDonalds....

Old 12-13-2007 | 07:04 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Born2cure

Here in Morris IL if you refuse the biker you lose a 3rd of your buisness. Mc Ds/ Wendys/ BK/ and Toco bell no problem with drive up on a scooter. Bad enough being ignored by cagers now by a fast food flunky.
By the way isn't that what started the hollister Riot of 1947 the KFC refused to serve bikers.
That would have been quite a trick....their first franchise wasn'tsold until1952

http://www.kfc.com/about/history.asp

Old 12-13-2007 | 07:21 PM
Billiam92407
Tourer

I have gone through the Drive through on my bike at both Mcdonalds and Burger King with no problem.
I would justorder a.99 double cheeseburger.
NowI do have to admit it did take me an extra 5 seconds to take my glove off to get the two bucks out of my pocket. I put the glove back on while the fella was making change (.93)
I did have to wait an extra minute because of my special order, "Double cheese burger plain. Just the meat, cheese and bun please." You have to be that specific or the kid will mess it up!!
I tucked the bag in my jacket and rode out.
I don't see the problem.
If there is a safety or policy concern... put up a sign. "I'm sorry. Due to safety concerns we don't serve mortorcycles at the Drive-thru window." We can put up a picture of NCcop with a cicle and a line through it.
We won't like it... but its better thangetting to thelittle speaker box and being ignored.
I'm not an ACLU fan most of the time... butI would give the a jingle to see if they will pull on Wendy's pig tails a little.

Quick Reply: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up