The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007 | 03:10 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

ORIGINAL: 55Bubba

Hell, call the ACLu and ask them to sue for you for 100 Million. Hell, if some azzwad can drop hot coffee into their lap and get big bucks then you ought to get some for being discriminated against because you're a rider. Take the money, buy that franchise and fire that dickweed

Bubba
Wwhhaaa---they hurt my feelings

LMFOA, that's great idea

Was there a sign stating "cars only", or anything like that? If not I bet you do have a lawsuit. In fact I'm gonna try that tomorrow!!

Old 12-13-2007 | 03:11 PM
Real_Big_Tex
Cruiser

What's next, do you think they should allow kids on electric scooters to go through the drive thru? Just kidding! I do see the liability point though. I don't think they could reasonably have a policy that says, "We will serve baggers that pull up if they don't order a drink." If they serve one motorcyclist, they would have to serve them all. Next thing you know, they have some squid on a custom hardtail chopper ordering 5 happy meals and 4 large sodas and trying to hang the bagsfrom his bars and balance the drinks on his tank. When he crashes, the next thing you know, there's a huge lawsuit saying that Wendy's should have known better than to serve him all of that at the drive thru.

I do think they should have told you immediately that they don't serve bikes at the window though. Depending on how you were dressed, they may have been afraid to say anything and just hoped you would leave.

Old 12-13-2007 | 03:18 PM
TN Houndog
Outstanding HDF Member

If you can come up with an Email address for Wendy's and the owner of that franchise and post it here, MAYBE a few hundred Emails boycotting Wendy's and the disatisfaction with that franchisee in particular MIGHT get their attention. If you are a NC peace officer, I'd show up in full uniform and have a little "talk" with that manager about "mending his ways". I'm sure that getting in his billfold WILL get his attention FAST.

Just MY opinion,
TN Houndog

Old 12-13-2007 | 03:19 PM
DAVETHEBUILDER
Cruiser

Me a 2 freinds were on our way to Mrtyle beach for bike week when the staiter went out of my buddys softtail. By the time we got the bike started found a motel and got settled it was real late and the only thing openin this little town was a taco bell drive through. We had to everythingincluding beg to get them to serveus. I was starting to get cranky with no supper

Old 12-13-2007 | 03:34 PM
texan321
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: NCCopBikeRider

Have already call Wendy's Customer Service Department.

They will "Call me back"
Having worked at Wendy's corporate - give them a call - you will get a bunch of free food! Poor service and it was the Manager's call - no one else![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 12-13-2007 | 03:52 PM
chornbe
Road Master

There are bigger and worse things to get irked about. Frankly, I find it a pain in the *** to deal with drive up windows and toll booths on the bike. I prefer to just go in.

*shrugs*

ORIGINAL: NCCopBikeRider

Beautiful day in the Carolinas. Rode bike to work then on to Wendy's at Lunch Time.

Pulled up to order and no one would respond over the outside. HAd removed helmet and shut off bike to be able to hear the Clerks responsed, which never came.

Road up to pay window, set for about three (3) minutes and no one came to the window.

Pulled up to the Take Out Window, clerk says: "We don't serve motorcycles at the Drive Up Window. If you want something you have to come inside"

Asked why, was told, same line of BS. By this time, cars were starting to line up behind bike. Asked for Manager, was told to come inside to talk with Manager. Asked for Manager again. Told to wait until he was ready to see me. By this time again, cars are honking their horns.

Manager finally came to window, about five (5) minutes had elasped by this time.

Real smart $$$.

Basically said that they did not serve "Walk Up Customers at the Drive Up Window."

Has this happend to you?

Thanks

Old 12-13-2007 | 03:53 PM
chornbe
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 2003FLHPI

Wwhhaaa---they hurt my feelings

LMFOA, that's great idea

Was there a sign stating "cars only", or anything like that? If not I bet you do have a lawsuit. In fact I'm gonna try that tomorrow!!
Yeah. Sue. That'll fix 'em.

Old 12-13-2007 | 03:54 PM
TickTock
Club Member

I wonder what would happen if an armless man went up to the counter and placed an order. I mean the liability of using your teeth to pull the wallet out of your pocket and then using your left foot to hold it while you gnaw out a couple of bucks for a biggie fry. The grease slick on the floor alone could be hazardouswhile standing there with your wallet in your mouth hopping one leg. And if the person spilled something before you got there - look out.

Or
What if someone in a Pacer or Fiero drives up and they get refused because someone might run into the back of them causing an explosion at drive thru?

Seriously, this could go on and on. It's not against the law to order food on your motorcycle and if it isn't posted where do you draw the line?

Old 12-13-2007 | 03:58 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

As for not wanting motorcycles at a drive through, it's not unreasonable for several reasons--possible/likely spilled drinks/shakes causing the rider to lose his footing/lose traction causing injury to bike/rider/passenger; obnoxiously loud pipes disturbing customers (since many windows are close to the indoor counter/registers (and who's going to police loud pipes--just ban all bikes); oil and other deposits from autos at the ordering/cashier/pick-up windows (much like toll booths) causing injury as above, just to mention a few.
so you think maybe that they could have posted this at the entrance to the drive through? i agree, ignoring the guy is not the way to go.

if i have to go through a drive through, i don't order a drink, and i have a windshield bag that my wallet is kept in, so it doesn't take me any time to get my cash/credit card out (probably less time than the guy trying to fish it out of his back pocket, that he's sitting on!), then drop the bag in the saddlebag and flip it shut. no time at all. also, its easy enough to avoid that big grease spot in the middle of the lane, just keep your wheels in the same path as the cars left wheel..... how hard is that?

i do agree however, that he should have gone inside to talk with the manager, gotten his name, called corp. hell, even call the local media....

Old 12-13-2007 | 04:35 PM
smknflms
Road Master

..no sign = no policy.
Later

Quick Reply: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up