The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007 | 02:30 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Default RE: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

Sorry, but I agree with the manager. Bikes don;t belong in drive-ups, especially when there is only 1 lane like at fast food joints. Yeah, speaking your order is quick enough, but get up to the pay window and you gotta lean over, dig out your money, dig the change back into a pocket. Then you gotta waddle up to the next window, stand-up to take your order, find a place to put it, secure it, sit back down, adjust, then ride off. JMHO sorry

Old 12-13-2007 | 02:33 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

Raise hell with corprate office, then F wendys and visit the King! Broiled mystry meat still beats fried. LOL

Old 12-13-2007 | 02:41 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Chicago Spike

Sorry, but I agree with the manager. Bikes don;t belong in drive-ups, especially when there is only 1 lane like at fast food joints. Yeah, speaking your order is quick enough, but get up to the pay window and you gotta lean over, dig out your money, dig the change back into a pocket. Then you gotta waddle up to the next window, stand-up to take your order, find a place to put it, secure it, sit back down, adjust, then ride off. JMHO sorry
Dude you're a riot...now the customers are too slow??????
Everyone knows you're going to bewaiting and waiting and waiting for that "fast" food no matter what you drive up in. A bike adds no time at all.

My vote is because the customer might fall over at the window and sue or something. Man who knows?

lp

Old 12-13-2007 | 02:43 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior

Hey, like is said, it just my opinion. I would never even think to pull my bike into a drive up anywhere. The slippping part though is a good and possibly valid point. Always the large grease lane down the center of those

Old 12-13-2007 | 02:52 PM
RDM
Road Master

ORIGINAL: NCCopBikeRider

Beautiful day in the Carolinas. Rode bike to work then on to Wendy's at Lunch Time.

Pulled up to order and no one would respond over the outside. HAd removed helmet and shut off bike to be able to hear the Clerks responsed, which never came.

Road up to pay window, set for about three (3) minutes and no one came to the window.

Pulled up to the Take Out Window, clerk says: "We don't serve motorcycles at the Drive Up Window. If you want something you have to come inside"

Asked why, was told, same line of BS. By this time, cars were starting to line up behind bike. Asked for Manager, was told to come inside to talk with Manager. Asked for Manager again. Told to wait until he was ready to see me. By this time again, cars are honking their horns.

Manager finally came to window, about five (5) minutes had elasped by this time.

Real smart $$$.

Basically said that they did not serve "Walk Up Customers at the Drive Up Window."

Has this happend to you?

Thanks
The question I'd ask is why are you eating that crap anyway?

Old 12-13-2007 | 02:54 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member

Hell, call the ACLu and ask them to sue for you for 100 Million. Hell, if some azzwad can drop hot coffee into their lap and get big bucks then you ought to get some for being discriminated against because you're a rider. Take the money, buy that franchise and fire that dickweed

Bubba

Old 12-13-2007 | 02:55 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

[EDIT] Please ignore the rest of this post as it was not responsive to the question which was "has this ever happened to you?" Answer: No. I haven't been denied service at a Wendy's drive thru; and, "no" I have never had people blowing their horns at me because I wanted an answer for the refusalof service from the manager. [END EDIT]

Ignore the rest: I was sympathetic 'til you delayedothers because you wouldn't move until the manager repeated what you had already been told by the kid--if you wanted a conversation with the manager, park and go inside--that was just being rude to the other customers--if that's their interaction with a motorcyclist/biker for the day they won't have much good to say about us--hopefully they will realize an individual was just being stubborn.

As for not wanting motorcycles at a drive through, it's not unreasonable for several reasons--possible/likely spilled drinks/shakes causing the rider to lose his footing/lose traction causing injury to bike/rider/passenger; obnoxiously loud pipes disturbing customers (since many windows are close to the indoor counter/registers (and who's going to police loud pipes--just ban all bikes); oil and other deposits from autos at the ordering/cashier/pick-up windows (much like toll booths) causing injury as above, just to mention a few.

I use the drive-up window at the SunTrust bank without problems with my bike. And I don't doubt you could have safely gone through Wendy's drive thru--but I can understand a policy that doesn't want bikes at a fast food drive-thru--and if I encountered one I probably would just comply or go elsewhere.

Old 12-13-2007 | 02:58 PM
RDM
Road Master

It's fine if they don't want to server riders at that window but did they have to just ignore him and let him sit there? I guess it would be to much to expect for them to say that when hefirst pulled upto order. That would have saved everyone a lot of time.

Old 12-13-2007 | 03:03 PM
24guns
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: aviator

nah... just get 50 of your bike riding buddies to all line up at the window to order.....
With straight shots on and revved.

Old 12-13-2007 | 03:08 PM
NICK56
Road Master

SO, IF U PULL UP ON A TRIKE ..............?

Quick Reply: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up