The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008 | 05:26 PM
Rusty914
Tourer
Default RE: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

ORIGINAL: Chicago Spike

Sorry, but I agree with the manager. Bikes don;t belong in drive-ups, especially when there is only 1 lane like at fast food joints. Yeah, speaking your order is quick enough, but get up to the pay window and you gotta lean over, dig out your money, dig the change back into a pocket. Then you gotta waddle up to the next window, stand-up to take your order, find a place to put it, secure it, sit back down, adjust, then ride off. JMHO sorry
Spike,

Your comments are retarded.

How many soccer moms are out there going through drive-thrus with 3 or 4 little screaming brats, struggling with her purse, her seatbelt, the carseats, "Billy-touched-me!", the inevetable cell phone, the loud radio/DVD player,also trying to gather trash so she can dump it, and passing out food to the kids before she's out of the lot??

Tell me how that's different... if not worse... than someone pulling up on a bike for some fries.

-Rusty

Old 03-10-2008 | 05:51 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

You shoudn't be eating at places like that anyway. They did you a favor and saved you from yourself. The crap they serve in those places will kill you. Didn't you see "Supersize me"?[:@]

Old 03-11-2008 | 02:39 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member

Regardless of liking Wendy's or any other establishment, this was outright discrimination. Plain and simple. There's establishments around here that try the same, you could get the wheels rolling on an anti-discrimination "mode of transport" with your local state rep. In Illinois, we successfully got a similar law passed through both assembly and senate, then the (now jailbird) governor scratched out every word pertaining to motorcycle and motorcyclist and filled in "sexual preference" instead and signed it. We're trying it again, taxpayer-funded parking facilities that refuse motorcycles are our main target.

Old 03-11-2008 | 05:41 PM
shoptroll
Banned

Wow! Finally made it to the end of this thread! I've taken the bike through the drive-thru at Wendy's, Hardee's, and BK with no probs. Grab a burger & fries, tuck 'em inside yer jacket, head for home and grab a soda outa the fridge. Easy-peasy lemon-squeezee! Nothing like a hot meal inside yer jacket when it's below 40 degrees.

Old 03-28-2008 | 09:24 PM
oldmanjob
Advanced

Starting April first it is bike night at Sonic in Hendersonville NC. Every Tuesday till November. 7:00PM till 9:00 PM or whenever. Every biker will get served[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 03-28-2008 | 09:52 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member

They just opened up a Sonic restaurant here locally and they are planing on opening up a second real soon. I wonder if they will be doing the bike night events?!?!?!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-29-2008 | 03:45 PM
FATBOB67
Road Captain

[sm=smiley36.gif]Hell, When I lived in Wyomingmy daughter went through McDonald's drive thru on a horse when she was in high schooland got served. She had tourist taking pictures of her while she waited! [sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 03-31-2008 | 10:47 PM
gjb1952
Road Captain

I say move on with your life.....Discover a cure for cancer in your free time[hr]

Old 04-08-2008 | 09:57 PM
Rbohno
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: texan321

ORIGINAL: NCCopBikeRider

Have already call Wendy's Customer Service Department.

They will "Call me back"
Having worked at Wendy's corporate - give them a call - you will get a bunch of free food! Poor service and it was the Manager's call - no one else![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

It depends some of the stores are franchise locations, I moved from Houston and with a city that size there were more franchise stores than corporate stores. The franchise locations are much more difficult to deal with than the corporate locations in my experience.

Old 04-25-2008 | 05:38 PM
RoadRunR
Road Master

Things will get better Arbys bought Wendys the other day..

Quick Reply: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up