The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007 | 12:30 PM
gene01
Road Captain
Default RE: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

ORIGINAL: 07RoadGlide

ORIGINAL: gene01

ORIGINAL: 07RoadGlide

Bottom line is, any business owner/manager reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, regarless of what any of you think, do, or say. You stand there and lip off to them, they can call the cops and bust you for trespassing. Their business is private property and they can make and enforce their rules. Sorry, but that's the harsh reality. Now, go build a fu(king bridge.....and get over it.
actually a business is open to the public and is NOT private like a house, it is quasi public and all have access to it , they may apply restrictions suckh as shirt shoes not hats no sunglasses and other clothing requirements, they cannot have you arrested for trespassing unless they ask you to leave with cause....
You're kinda right in that it is quasi-public, however it is a PRIVATE business that provides a PUBLIC service. Land, building, franchise, etc are all PRIVATLEY-OWNED. You can enter at will, but you start causing trouble and they ask you to leave, you're trespassing. Guess I should have stated "You stand there and lip off to them and they ask you to leave and you refuse, they can call the cops and bust you for trespassing." Bottom line is, it's up to the discretion (sp?) of the owner or manager as to what goes on on the premises. If they don't want to serve a motorcycle in the drive-thru, they don't have to. Hell, they don't even have to serve a car if they dont want to, it's their call to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

I believe that is exactly what I posted...... and you are right, as I stated, they have the right to refuse to serve, I have to right to not patronise them, that is what I am doing as I don't like the way they handled it and will not patronise them even in a car.......they don't have a sign stating no Motorcycles......

Old 12-19-2007 | 01:33 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

I've never had a problem at my bank's (Columbus Bank and Trust Co.) drive through. Have even been there when there was another bike in the next lane being served.

Come to think of it, first time I ever went to McD's, several folks working behind the counter almost fell out the window wanting to get a look, like I was the first bike in the drive through they ever saw. They thought it was cool.

Hack

ORIGINAL: acedantinne

YES
At my bank. They said about the same thing. Cars can not see you and might hit you?
Duh! Drive up window I said. Only for cars. It is now marked that way.
Say what you mean & mean what you say.

Old 12-19-2007 | 02:07 PM
Joe Mark
Tourer

This all started out with a rather fun twist.... then it all got turned around and mean towards us from us!

How about some Holiday Cheer!

It is Happy Hour back east right now!!

Old 12-19-2007 | 04:32 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

Wait a minute. It is called a "Drive Thru" right? Do you "drive" your motorcycle or "ride" it? Jus' wonderin'.

Old 12-19-2007 | 04:40 PM
Storm_law
Advanced

Never had this happen to me ever. Sounds like a load of BS from Wendy's. Ask them how sitting on a motorcycle amounts to a walkup?

Old 12-19-2007 | 04:44 PM
gene01
Road Captain

seems to me those two words are interchangable, you ride in your car, does this mean that only the driver who is driving the car can eat from the drive through?

Seems we are trying to make this hard,

A company who wishes not to allw their Drive Thru to be used by Motorcyclists, who doesn't apparently have enough forciept to install signs stating thatand wastes the time of the motorcyclist and the cars who may be behind him by not prewarning them, then tells them at the window, we cannt serve you, must be run by a clueless bunch of individuals, I hope that Arby's does buy them, change their policies and fire the bumbling idiots who would be responsible for both bad policies and lack of signage.

Old 12-19-2007 | 04:46 PM
gene01
Road Captain

by the way,when I amriding my motorcycle to get my burger, I do have lights on in the rear as to be seen when stopping to pay for said burger I don't believe that we are more vulnerable when stoppped than while riding, when people in cages are driving on the road, they have more on their minds that take away from watching for us.

Old 12-20-2007 | 12:07 AM
atexn4christ
Road Master

I LIKE TO CHEW ON TIN FOIL!

Old 12-20-2007 | 12:38 AM
07RoadGlide
Banned

ORIGINAL: atexn4christ

I LIKE TO CHEW ON TIN FOIL!
I still have some metal fillings in mymouth. Chewing foil is NO FUN.

Old 12-20-2007 | 07:56 AM
stimul8ing guy
Road Captain

Man, how can ya go to Wendy's when Arby's has brought back the Arby-Q!!! We must be more discerning eaters!!!!

Quick Reply: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up