The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007 | 08:38 PM
cgonzgo
Tourer
Default RE: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

I cannot ever, EVER imagine RIDING through a DRIVE through window. You wouldn't do it on a bicycle would you? Just not anything I would ever think about doing, I wouldn't park my truck in a motorcycle spot, so why cause all the grief? Make no sense to me. I have been watching this for a couple of days and it just amazes me at the responses and reactions. Sad really..........

Old 12-15-2007 | 09:08 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cgonzgo

I cannot ever, EVER imagine RIDING through a DRIVE through window. You wouldn't do it on a bicycle would you?
umm, why not? i've done it before, back when i didn't have a car, but i did have a bicycle..... (never mind the fact that a bicycle is not considered a motor vehicle but a motorcycle is) now i don't have a bicycle, but i do have a car and a bike. and i've gone through the drive in a few times on the bike. i don't see the big deal, i just don't get a drink when i do. the rest goes in the saddlebag, and i don't ride in the big grease spot down the center of the lane, just like i don't ride down the center of the lane on the highway either.

Old 12-16-2007 | 04:05 AM
07RoadGlide
Banned

ORIGINAL: gene01

ORIGINAL: 07RoadGlide

Bottom line is, any business owner/manager reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, regarless of what any of you think, do, or say. You stand there and lip off to them, they can call the cops and bust you for trespassing. Their business is private property and they can make and enforce their rules. Sorry, but that's the harsh reality. Now, go build a fu(king bridge.....and get over it.
actually a business is open to the public and is NOT private like a house, it is quasi public and all have access to it , they may apply restrictions suckh as shirt shoes not hats no sunglasses and other clothing requirements, they cannot have you arrested for trespassing unless they ask you to leave with cause....
You're kinda right in that it is quasi-public, however it is a PRIVATE business that provides a PUBLIC service. Land, building, franchise, etc are all PRIVATLEY-OWNED. You can enter at will, but you start causing trouble and they ask you to leave, you're trespassing. Guess I should have stated "You stand there and lip off to them and they ask you to leave and you refuse, they can call the cops and bust you for trespassing." Bottom line is, it's up to the discretion (sp?) of the owner or manager as to what goes on on the premises. If they don't want to serve a motorcycle in the drive-thru, they don't have to. Hell, they don't even have to serve a car if they dont want to, it's their call to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

Old 12-16-2007 | 06:17 AM
harbour14002
5th Gear

Lets boycott Wendy's nationwide. That foods bad for you any way

Old 12-16-2007 | 06:43 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member

You're kinda right in that it is quasi-public, however it is a PRIVATE business that provides a PUBLIC service. Land, building, franchise, etc are all PRIVATLEY-OWNED. You can enter at will, but you start causing trouble and they ask you to leave, you're trespassing. Guess I should have stated "You stand there and lip off to them and they ask you to leave and you refuse, they can call the cops and bust you for trespassing." Bottom line is, it's up to the discretion (sp?) of the owner or manager as to what goes on on the premises. If they don't want to serve a motorcycle in the drive-thru, they don't have to. Hell, they don't even have to serve a car if they dont want to, it's their call to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
Absolutely, like it or not that's the way it is. As I said before I don't like the idea of a business refusing service to a motorcyclist just because they're on two wheels but they can.

Whether it's smoking, not serving motorcyclists at the drive-through or whatever, if I was a business owner, I would not like someone trying to tell me how to run my business. You don't have a right to be served at the drive-through anymore than you have a right to eat in a smoke free restaurant. You have the freedom to choose where you go to spend your money. Seems pretty democratic to me, kinda like casting your vote at election time. Let your money speak.

Old 12-16-2007 | 07:16 AM
relli
Road Warrior

[/quote]

[/quote]

well........yes and no. i use the drive thru. see nothing wrong with it. i haveoften trespassed unruly wierdo's and arseholes in my business dealings. BUT ya gotta be careful on who and how you refuse to serve or the lawyers come outta the woodwork.i can not simply refuse service for any reason "I" see fit to.

Old 12-16-2007 | 07:40 AM
quad50
Cruiser

HOLY CRAP!! Can anyone tell me the record for the number of posts?

Old 12-16-2007 | 08:11 AM
cjuetten
Tourer

ORIGINAL: quad50

HOLY CRAP!! Can anyone tell me the record for the number of posts?

https://www.hdforums.com/m_654370/tm.htm

2522 post/163,138 read (and counting).

Old 12-16-2007 | 08:26 AM
quad50
Cruiser

WOW! Somehow I don't think a burger can hold up to a tranny problem. Thanks

Old 12-16-2007 | 08:43 AM
Profman
Cruiser

I was refused service at a diner once. No kidding. The lady just refused to serve us because we were bikers. Said she didn't want "our kind" in the building. We split and the place eventually went out of business. In today's market, with information boards like this, a place can little afford bad "word of mouth" information.

Quick Reply: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up