The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007 | 07:54 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

Hey, NCcop, this is spreading.....

http://www.bikernewsonline.com/2007/...motorcycle.htm
Wow, the power of the internet.

After following this thread for a while ( too long ) I am reminded of how a few months ago our city wanted to make it illegal to smoke in any restaurant. Lots of talk on the radio about this and the point that stuck with me was that the city was trying to force something on the business owners. It's their business and if they want to allow smoking, it's their business. If you don't like it, go somewhere else.

Now I don't necessarily like a motorcyclist being refused service just because he rides but it is the right of the business to refuse service to whoever they choose, whether it be a small mom-n-pop eatery or a national chain. We can follow their rules ( get off the bike and go inside ) or we can spend our money somewhere esle.

Old 12-14-2007 | 08:00 PM
njdiver
Road Captain

KFC refused to serve me, I asked why and they stated they don't serve MC at the drive up window, what did he think I did push the bike up there. Anyway I just stopped going to that KFC. F 'em

Old 12-14-2007 | 08:09 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Maybe the sidecar does it for me, but I've never had a problem at a drive through. Don't eat while I ride, just pick of something for me and the wife to have. Get it on my home from work.

Only problem I experienced around Columbus Ga, is that sometimes the sensor doesn't tell them I'm waiting. So, I just pull around and order at the window. I been through Wendy's, McD's, BK and Arby's and have never had a problem (knock on wood).

IMHO, if they are not going to serve me, then tell me from the get-go, not after I've ordered and pulled around. I've fairly sure that they can hear the bike running and know what I'm on.

And on a road trip I kinda like to stop, get off, stretch my leg, yes, leg, and go inside to eat.

Hack

Old 12-14-2007 | 08:28 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: btefft

Maybe the sidecar does it for me, but I've never had a problem at a drive through. Don't eat while I ride, just pick of something for me and the wife to have. Get it on my home from work.

Only problem I experienced around Columbus Ga, is that sometimes the sensor doesn't tell them I'm waiting. So, I just pull around and order at the window. I been through Wendy's, McD's, BK and Arby's and have never had a problem (knock on wood).

IMHO, if they are not going to serve me, then tell me from the get-go, not after I've ordered and pulled around. I've fairly sure that they can hear the bike running and know what I'm on.

And on a road trip I kinda like to stop, get off, stretch my leg, yes, leg, and go inside to eat.

Hack
It is illegal to discriminate against the handicapped in the USA. Maybe they noticed. Would be interesting to know if Wendy's national policy makes exceptions for the handicapped.

Old 12-14-2007 | 08:31 PM
Big L
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army

WOW! This is funny as hell,I'm going to take a ride.

Old 12-14-2007 | 08:35 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: txfxstrider

ORIGINAL: btefft

Hack
It is illegal to discriminate against the handicapped in the USA. Maybe they noticed. Would be interesting to know if Wendy's national policy makes exceptions for the handicapped.
Didn't think about the handicapped angle. But I don't think they'd be able to notice, not at the place you order. I guess if I ever got refused I could use my handicap as leverage. Humm, maybe, being handicapped does have a plus.

Old 12-14-2007 | 08:41 PM
relli
Road Warrior

i LIKE that idea of 40 or so bikes showing up...............with maybe the local news to record the event?????????????????

Old 12-14-2007 | 08:41 PM
2ForTheRoad
Road Master

Bank always takes my money at the drive thru on my scoot

Old 12-14-2007 | 09:06 PM
chornbe
Road Master

ORIGINAL: sealbeachbum

I'm unsubscribing from this thread! I can't take it anymore! I can't believe how many of you support Wendy's position against motorcycles. Some of you seem to miss the whole point of this thread. It's about discrimination against motorcycles/bikers!

Oh for f@ck's sakes.... stop being a whiny bitch. Get your lazy f@cking *** off the bike and walk in and get your f@cking burger or just go somewhere else.

The world doesn't owe you ****. Get over yourself.

Old 12-14-2007 | 09:13 PM
chornbe
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Uncle Peepers

How 'bout we set an example by not moaning and wailing that our hamburer eatin' rights have been violated, and just go somewhere else. The world is full of jerks, and when you run into one (fast food manager), just treat it like what it is rather than some kind of full blown constitutional issue.
We have more than enough slobbering, complaining, hyphenated Americans, and trying to remedy a situation by creating yet another one isn't the answer. Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left.

/s/ A Motorcyclist-American
Bingo! Absolutely.

Cry me a river.
Build a bridge.
Get the f@ck over it.

Sheesh.

Quick Reply: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up