The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007 | 09:45 AM
BrewGod
Advanced
Default RE: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up

Give me a break. Get off your *** and go inside to order. My God this is what is has come down to.
Pissing and moaning about drive throught service on a mortorcycle. I am sure you would a saved
time by going inside and not pissing people off and making the rest of us look like ********.

Old 12-14-2007 | 09:58 AM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior

[sm=why.gif]Man, LOL, I read every post. After everything I read.... I guess my question is did you or anyone call and ask what the policy on the drive-up is?I never read one,butI wasinterested to hear a result. So I decided to call:
Wendy's Consumer Relations - US
Wendy's International, Inc.
One Dave Thomas Blvd.
Dublin, OH 43017

Phone: (614) 764-3100
I asked do you have a policy for motorcyles at the drive-up?They said yes we do have a policy, they do not serve.. I asked nicely "can you tell me why?" She said she was told that it was because you (rider) could not be seen well around the corner and may be hit.... I said is that it? She said "yes.... was there a problem with you getting served?" I said "no, a friend did and I have never heard of such a thing?" She replied "we dont serve walk ups either", I said "ok? It has wheels under it, it is a vehicle",.................. She said nothing. I said "ok well just wondered". She said "ok thank you!"
LOL, ok, there is a policy and it is their store. They, for whatever reason like it or not, have the right to make whatever policy they want, America! I do believe it should be posted somewhere at the drive-up that would be visable before you enter. So, my final thoughts, if ya want to eat at Wendy's, take the car or stay out of the drive-up...... Plain and simple.

Old 12-14-2007 | 10:15 AM
gene01
Road Captain

in my previous post, taht is what I said, they said they do not serve people who ride motorcycles, I told them to eat the 45.00 worth of food that I had ordered as they would not sell it to me, there was no sign, I thought it only fair that I not go in to pay and get the food as I went through the drive thru as it was a convenience and a safety issue to me, if there is no drive thru there, i will go where there is, I would not park my bike outside in that neighborhood for 30 seconds, it would probably make me a pedestrian, as a result, i have not spent a dime there since, they have their policies and I have mine, I do not spend money where me and my bike are not allowed......

Old 12-14-2007 | 10:18 AM
Ghosty
Tourer

Yep, what brewgod said. Just step to the back of the bus and don't cause trouble. Sound familiar? I guess times really don't change as much as we'd like to think.

[IMG]local://upfiles/30695/FED738206647479386E0AC66AB869245.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-14-2007 | 10:24 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior

I would never have guessed that this topic would have gotten this much attention and that there would be so many upset about it. With all the frivalous law suits that have occurred over the last few years it doesn't surprise me that they don't want to serve someone on a bike. It actually surprises me more that so many drive-thru places do serve riders. Wendy's happens to be one of my favorite of the fast food joints, but I don't even use the drive thru in my car....I like to eat my food hot, so I go inside. I think there are way more important things for me to focus my anger on than a fast food joint. I hope those of you that view this as a high priorty issue get the resolution you are seeking, but doing something that would give all riders an even worse image than we already have isn't the right answer....in my opinion.

Old 12-14-2007 | 10:25 AM
Firetender
Road Warrior

Why on earth are you eating at a greasy spoon??? This never happens at In-N-Out!

Old 12-14-2007 | 10:41 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member

Years ago, my ex and I had saved up for a vacation, had reservations at a nice KOAcampground in the Wisconsin Dells, but when we got there we were refused because we were on "motorcycles and they disturb the other campers." So I guess loud pipes were an issue back then, too, but we were on pure stock Honda's.

To this day, I can remember how p.o.'ed we both were, and I've never set foot in a KOA since.

Old 12-14-2007 | 10:49 AM
EXTERMINATOR
Advanced

ORIGINAL: NCCopBikeRider

Beautiful day in the Carolinas. Rode bike to work then on to Wendy's at Lunch Time.

Pulled up to order and no one would respond over the outside. HAd removed helmet and shut off bike to be able to hear the Clerks responsed, which never came.

Road up to pay window, set for about three (3) minutes and no one came to the window.

Pulled up to the Take Out Window, clerk says: "We don't serve motorcycles at the Drive Up Window. If you want something you have to come inside"

Asked why, was told, same line of BS. By this time, cars were starting to line up behind bike. Asked for Manager, was told to come inside to talk with Manager. Asked for Manager again. Told to wait until he was ready to see me. By this time again, cars are honking their horns.

Manager finally came to window, about five (5) minutes had elasped by this time.

Real smart $$$.

Basically said that they did not serve "Walk Up Customers at the Drive Up Window."

Has this happend to you?

Thanks

i guess i dont get it? would you go thru there on a bicycle? where do you put your soda? harleys dont have cup holders right? its a safety issue not discrimination. if you take your food and not have both hands and fall they dont want to be sued. what is so hard about parking and walking in?

Old 12-14-2007 | 10:51 AM
jr_c6
Road Captain

The fast food restaurants where I live generally do a good job with service and product. The competition requires them to be good or they will cease to exist.

If I were on my bike and was asked to come inside, I would simply go inside and enjoy my meal. Easy as that.

Old 12-14-2007 | 11:00 AM
airdog
Cruiser

I go to Hardees in greenville nc every day. pull up, kill the motor, order, pull to the outside of the drive thru lane at the window, get off the bike, pull off a glove, pay, put my crap in the saddlebag, crank up and scoot. no problemo. I get the occasional look from someone in a cage or if I walk into the line behind another vehicle but the folks at this hardees have no problem with bikes.

never pull forward at the drive thru and always check the order before leaving. or you're screwed. I don't have any problem waiting for food in the drive thru line. if its lunch time, you've probably already waited 5+ minutes anyway; and Hardees and Wendy's are notorious for fixing their food to order - nothing stacked up like other places.

Quick Reply: Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up