"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Freakin' HEAT

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 12:40 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ord sgt
A lot of people in the south laugh when we say it is too cold to ride. Now y'all are complaining about being too hot to ride.
BTW, it was over 100 here last week. And yes, that is snow in the background of the sig.
When it gets like it has been and then you add in the humidity it is completely stifiling, can't catch your breath, especially zipping down the road at 70 or so.

The day after I started this thread it topped out at 107.3 on my shaded back porch

I did purchase a neat little misting device from Tractor Supply a few days ago and hung it up around the screened porch. It works pretty good but best on dry days but not bad on humid ones. I saw a temp drop of up to 12 degrees on the hotest and driest days and 6-8 degrees on more humid days. Not bad for 25 bucks. Even better when ya just stand under it and get soaked

Old 07-16-2012, 12:59 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default What A Bunch Of Georgia Peaches!

Originally Posted by GAZippoman
But we'd rather ride than drive regardless.
You my friend are the very definition of a true biker!
Originally Posted by StonerGlide
When it gets like it has been and then you add in the humidity it is completely stifiling, can't catch your breath, especially zipping down the road at 70 or so.
At the risk of alienating myself from "real hard core" Georgia bikers, GET OVER IT! It's summer for gosh sakes! It's supposed to be hot, and if you live in Georgia humid too.

Here in Jersey we tuff it out (we're going on our 4th heat wave of the season so far) and roll with the punches. Upper 90's with high humidity - we ride! 28* winter mornings - we plug in and tuff it out and ride. We get ALL FOUR SEASONS up here and enjoy all the extremes that they give us! It may have been in the upper 20's last winter but the roads were clear and we rode! If we waited for an upper 70* degree day with light breezes or for the weather man to forcast "all's clear" we'd never ride. BUT RIDE WE DO!

Old 07-16-2012, 01:44 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
At the risk of alienating myself from "real hard core" Georgia bikers, GET OVER IT! It's summer for gosh sakes! It's supposed to be hot, and if you live in Georgia humid too.

Here in Jersey we tuff it out (we're going on our 4th heat wave of the season so far) and roll with the punches. Upper 90's with high humidity - we ride! 28* winter mornings - we plug in and tuff it out and ride. We get ALL FOUR SEASONS up here and enjoy all the extremes that they give us! It may have been in the upper 20's last winter but the roads were clear and we rode! If we waited for an upper 70* degree day with light breezes or for the weather man to forcast "all's clear" we'd never ride. BUT RIDE WE DO!
It's not that I wasn't riding it's just that I chose to go to hunting camp and ride a John Deere and do some plowing and planting in prep for deer season instead of riding the scoot. Just like I do when it gets cold while hunting I have the proper clothing to withstand the cold whether hunting or riding, don't see a need to plug into anything. It's not so bad right now, around 90 give or take but when the heat index gets up around 115-120 I had just as soon ride the AC hard and put her away wet and wait for a cooler day, not a big fan of heat stroke. In 45 years of riding I have ridden in all types of conditions at one point or another.