"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Weekends in the summer...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012 | 08:57 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Classic bagger
Two long *** days of interstate but what an awesome ride over that bridge. I think you need 5 days to a week to do that trip. Miss Amy isn't doing that ride but I'd be up for it. She can fly down and back. I vote for October.
I WANT to ride that awesome bridge!

Old 06-21-2012 | 05:58 AM
Beav
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Classic bagger
Two long *** days of interstate but what an awesome ride over that bridge. I think you need 5 days to a week to do that trip. Miss Amy isn't doing that ride but I'd be up for it. She can fly down and back. I vote for October.
Heck.... it's only 15 hours (861 miles) from Canton, that's only 1 long day!

Probably wouldn't wanna ride the bridge in the dark though.... I want sunlight for the "full effect." Would be better to ride all the way to Homestead and hold up for the night, riding the remainder the next morning.

Some guys here at work have ridden it, and advise that Fridays and Sundays the traffic is severe.

Old 06-21-2012 | 07:35 AM
PASN YU
2nd Gear

I rode down there a couple of years ago. It is a long ride but well worth it in the end. I won't be doing the whole thing in one day. I have a business trip scheduled in conjunction. I'll be riding down to Orlando and spend a couple of days there. Then I'll pick up a few buddies and we'll ride the rest of the way. It's still no short hop from Orlando but it breaks up the ride.

FYI, I have ridden from Asheville, NC to Orlando, FL in one day. Let's just say I'll never do that again.

Old 06-21-2012 | 06:01 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by PASN YU
I rode down there a couple of years ago. It is a long ride but well worth it in the end. I won't be doing the whole thing in one day. I have a business trip scheduled in conjunction. I'll be riding down to Orlando and spend a couple of days there. Then I'll pick up a few buddies and we'll ride the rest of the way. It's still no short hop from Orlando but it breaks up the ride.

FYI, I have ridden from Asheville, NC to Orlando, FL in one day. Let's just say I'll never do that again.
JEEZ, Jeremey! I will readily admit to being FAR TOO OLD AND CREAKY to do more than about 500 miles in a day... and that's pushing it, even WITH all the creature comforts. Just can't do that long-azz stuff anymore.

Now, SHORT, FAST hops... that's a WHOLE different ball game!

Have fun, Jeremey, and RIDE SAFE, Bro...