"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Good ride today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Hubby... Johnny was making a jest.

Everyone decided to have a leisurely stroll in the park and check out the scenery day. Doubt if we hit the speed limit more than twice while in the mountains. Michael was ready to roll and I had to shew him off my saddle bags a few times. Was his first trip to WPG. The road wasn't in the best shape. At least they are patching it up there maybe to pave it soon.

No hot rod stuff, I'm just playing around with the exhaust note and still working on the tune a bit. Doing the EGR's without a dyno is time consuming.

Still wish you were with us but we totally understand you using my normal excuse for not going... LOL

Old 04-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Hubby... Johnny was making a jest.

Everyone decided to have a leisurely stroll in the park and check out the scenery day. Doubt if we hit the speed limit more than twice while in the mountains. Michael was ready to roll and I had to shew him off my saddle bags a few times. Was his first trip to WPG. The road wasn't in the best shape. At least they are patching it up there maybe to pave it soon.

No hot rod stuff, I'm just playing around with the exhaust note and still working on the tune a bit. Doing the EGR's without a dyno is time consuming.

Still wish you were with us but we totally understand you using my normal excuse for not going... LOL
Is that what you were doing?? I thought you were just sayin' Hi. Sorry for being so antsy, I'll behave next time. Hope I didn't scare ya too much.

Last edited by Michael HD Rider; 04-16-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael HD Rider
Is that what you were doing?? I thought you were just sayin' Hi. Sorry for being so antsy, I'll behave next time. Hope I didn't scare ya too much.
Nope... you didn't scare me any. I know you've got really good insurance.

What I should have done is let you get in front of everyone so you could take that road as a virgin. There are two blind turns that will surprise you and make old toothless pinch the seat if you don't know where they are and I'm not talking about the two 180* switch backs.

As many times as I've been up there that was the first time I ever saw a patrol car on that road and that day there were two with one in the bush and the first time I've ran under the speed limits.

I remember one day Cookie Dough and I took WPG north to south. It was on a nippy fall day just after a light rain. The leaves were laying wet on the road. We had a blast getting up the hill on those switch backs as the leafs were blanketing the turns. About all we could do were spin the tire and hope for the best. We were behind a Mustang that couldn't make the turn with any grip, thought we were going to have to get off the bikes and push him.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 04-16-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't worry, I had a good friend help with the brakes. He seemed to know what he was doing.
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Nope... you didn't scare me any. I know you've got really good insurance.

What I should have done is let you get in front of everyone so you could take that road as a virgin. There are two blind turns that will surprise you and make old toothless pinch the seat if you don't know where they are and I'm not talking about the two 180* switch backs.

As many times as I've been up there that was the first time I ever saw a patrol car on that road and that day there were two with one in the bush and the first time I've ran under the speed limits.

I remember one day Cookie Dough and I took WPG north to south. It was on a nippy fall day just after a light rain. The leaves were laying wet on the road. We had a blast getting up the hill on those switch backs as the leaves were blanketing the turns. About all we could do were spin the tire and hope for the best. We were behind a Mustang that couldn't make the turn with any grip, thought we were going to have to get off the bikes and push him.