"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Weekend Ride 4-20/ 4-22 - Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Classic bagger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am so looking forward to this ride. Did it on the bike once and it's great. We should be able to find some great off the beaten path roads back to Gatlingurg where I plan on eating good food and drinking myself stupid.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior

Well as of now I can't go. Today I was told I have a $1K deductible for my car. Someone told me I can get it reduced to $500 since it was a hit and run. I'll find out tomorrow.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:29 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael HD Rider
Well as of now I can't go. Today I was told I have a $1K deductible for my car. Someone told me I can get it reduced to $500 since it was a hit and run. I'll find out tomorrow.
Well THAT SUXX, Michael...

Old 03-20-2012, 06:32 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member

Originally Posted by Classic bagger
I am so looking forward to this ride. Did it on the bike once and it's great. We should be able to find some great off the beaten path roads back to Gatlingurg where I plan on eating good food and drinking myself stupid.
I'll join ya, Stoney! That's what Road Trips were made for...

Old 03-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Classic bagger
Cruiser

It's a month away Michael maybe things will change for the better by then.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:13 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member

Originally Posted by Classic bagger
It's a month away Michael maybe things will change for the better by then.
I surely HOPE so! Would be great to have Michael on the ride!

Old 03-21-2012, 07:15 AM
monkey sammich
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That's the weekend I'm going to be up there, but money's a bit tight for me and my bro. We might see ya around, since we'll likely be teaing up some of the same stretches of road.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:55 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So do we want to stop in Murphy, get up early eat breakfast, ride thru the Gorge, then hit the BRP in Cherokee. Or Classicbagger suggested hopping the interstate and making to Gatlinburg on Fri night and rolling out from there? I'm good with it either way just want to see what everyone else wants to do. Personally I think its easier to do the Murphy thing then do the BRP and head to Gatlinburg on Sat afternoon.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:49 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member

Originally Posted by horseplay
So do we want to stop in Murphy, get up early eat breakfast, ride thru the Gorge, then hit the BRP in Cherokee. Or Classicbagger suggested hopping the interstate and making to Gatlinburg on Fri night and rolling out from there? I'm good with it either way just want to see what everyone else wants to do. Personally I think its easier to do the Murphy thing then do the BRP and head to Gatlinburg on Sat afternoon.
I would rather stay OFF the Interstate if at all possible. Super-Slab riding is the most BORING riding imaginable...

I vote for getting to Murphy on Friday evening... having a huge dinner and drinking a lot... hitting the road early on Sat, doing the BRP and into Gatlinburg Sat evening... having another huge dinner and drinking a lot more... then riding home on Sunday...

Old 04-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Classic bagger
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NorthGeorgiaHawg
I would rather stay OFF the Interstate if at all possible. Super-Slab riding is the most BORING riding imaginable...

I vote for getting to Murphy on Friday evening... having a huge dinner and drinking a lot... hitting the road early on Sat, doing the BRP and into Gatlinburg Sat evening... having another huge dinner and drinking a lot more... then riding home on Sunday...
Works for me, they're are a couple of bars in downtown Murphy and they actually sell liquor (they didn't do that a couple years ago). We just need to find a room close by, I'm not riding with more than two beers in me.

Quick Reply: Weekend Ride 4-20/ 4-22 - Cancelled