"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

So what's the word from Florida

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012 | 04:09 PM
blkrkg11
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

OK I've got to ask, who is Doc "The Tuner God"?

Old 03-11-2012 | 05:13 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blkrkg11
OK I've got to ask, who is Doc "The Tuner God"?
http://www.docsperformancetuning.com/

Old 03-11-2012 | 05:28 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

If you run together (behind www.) docs performance tuning, it'll take ya strait to his web site.
He was the beta tester for Steve Cole.
Steve Cole developed the Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner. Cole parted company with HD and started his own business (TTS.)

Ever wonder why all the others try and compare themselves to TTS?

It IS a superior product (just my humble opinion, of coarse.) In the hands of the
"master" himself... it's pure majic.

Like I said... it will tune "your combination" to their ultimate abilities...

I LOVE the sound of Rinehart pipes... not the best performing pipe out there (not enough restriction.) Doc says 280-300 ft/sec is Harley's sweet spot.

There are a few guys who work wonders with a "V" tune. You've got a feller around north Georgia by the name of "Wizard" who know his way around a TTS far better than most. He's not got a 50k dyno in his garage, so he can't quite get "all" of the tune.... but he can come really close. (he's not 450 miles away either)

Side note: just come from a little run back down 515 here in north Georgia.

Pegged 120 mph on speedo.... she was still pullin'. That was enough fer me!

Just sayin'

Old 03-11-2012 | 05:39 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Beav
If you run together (behind www.) docs performance tuning, it'll take ya strait to his web site.
Steve Cole developed the Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner. Cole parted company with HD and started his own business (TTS.)

It IS a superior product (just my humble opinion, of coarse.) In the hands of the

I LOVE the sound of Rinehart pipes... not the best performing pipe out there (not enough restriction.) Doc says 280-300 ft/sec is Harley's sweet spot.

There are a few guys who work wonders with a "V" tune. You've got a feller around north Georgia by the name of "Wizard" who know his way around a TTS far better than most. He's not got a 50k dyno in his garage, so he can't quite get "all" of the tune.... but he can come really close. (he's not 450 miles away either)

Just sayin'
OKAY< THATS ENOUGH OF THAT HOT ROD! Glad your okay!! Love ya bro, lets be careful! Dont want nuttin to happen to you!!

Old 03-11-2012 | 06:08 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Talking

Originally Posted by DHubbs
OKAY< THATS ENOUGH OF THAT HOT ROD! Glad your okay!! Love ya bro, lets be careful! Dont want nuttin to happen to you!!
Aw shucks.... yer makin' me blush!

That "pull" was the one when I cranked it out all alone.

Funny thing was... it was SO much smoother than the previous 104 on my ol' king.

Love ya to bro! Good Lord willin'... there's gonna be lots o' miles ridden!

Good times today, fo' sho'!

Beav

Old 03-11-2012 | 06:23 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Beav and Hubbs... I wish I could "LIKE" all of your posts today after the ride... 'cuz I DO!!!

AWESOME RIDE TODAY!!!

Old 03-11-2012 | 06:27 PM
blkrkg11
Cruiser

Just sayin'
I like the 120 mph. That's scary fast.

I spent some time on Doc's website and noticed he recommends FuelMoto exhaust and head pipe.

Old 03-11-2012 | 06:31 PM
blkrkg11
Cruiser

Originally Posted by horseplay
Thanks for the website. I'm going to try and stop by his shop while I'm at Bikeweek this Thur/Fri/Sat.

Old 03-11-2012 | 06:43 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by blkrkg11
I like the 120 mph. That's scary fast.

I spent some time on Doc's website and noticed he recommends FuelMoto exhaust and head pipe.
FYI Chuck.... He obviously needs to update his website.

Just ask him personally, he'll tell ya all about it...

He's gonna be extremely busy the next two weeks. Thinking he's got two/day booked during bike week. We were the first "double" in a long string of them.

I'd definitely give him a visit. Listen to his advice. 254E's weren't even on my radar, and purchased them solely on his advice. He was right. No shoulder dislocating, peaky torque... it's SILKY SMOOTH! Like Doc says... "she'll sing like a sewing machine!"

Old 03-11-2012 | 06:55 PM
blkrkg11
Cruiser

FYI Chuck.... He obviously needs to update his website.

Just ask him personally, he'll tell ya all about it...

He's gonna be extremely busy the next two weeks. Thinking he's got two/day booked during bike week. We were the first "double" in a long string of them.

I'd definitely give him a visit. Listen to his advice. 254E's weren't even on my radar, and purchased them solely on his advice. He was right. No shoulder dislocating, peaky torque... it's SILKY SMOOTH! Like Doc says... "she'll sing like a sewing machine!"
So it was a combination of dyno, cam and exhaust? That's just wicked. Cams are on the list.

Quick Reply: So what's the word from Florida