"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

I'm Sorry

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 07:07 PM
b1rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
I think Ben was out riding as well... could have sworn he passed me munching on bugs.
Yeap, I made it out this afternoon, don't tell anyone!! Where were you? I saw our photo buddy Ron ride past me while I was stopped. I was hoping he would turn around and come back and say Hi. Oh well, it was nice out but had to get back to work.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

You were on Avery headed to 20. I was the truck behind that crane doing 20 in a 45. Followed that guy for miles until he turned off.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I realize your apology was targeted to the younger boy's who still must punch a clock to pay the bills.....stuck in winter weather conditions. I, like yourself am free from the necessity of work, and found the cool breeze in southern Arizona much to my liking as I tooled around on the Dyna. Being young is great......being retired ain't all that bad either.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Wilinfla
Tourer

Originally Posted by Montana Cowboy
I realize your apology was targeted to the younger boy's who still must punch a clock to pay the bills.....stuck in winter weather conditions. I, like yourself am free from the necessity of work, and found the cool breeze in southern Arizona much to my liking as I tooled around on the Dyna. Being young is great......being retired ain't all that bad either.
You are correct. I retired 4 weeks ago, I'm still getting used to it. I just turned 54 so I bailed a little early, I figured life is too short. It's really strange not to know what day of the week it is though since every day is a Saturday.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:59 PM
b1rider
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
You were on Avery headed to 20. I was the truck behind that crane doing 20 in a 45. Followed that guy for miles until he turned off.
I remember the crane truck, or at least all the stink he was putting out. Too bad you were in your truck.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:03 PM
horseplay
Road Master

I rode tonight, was fun and cold with no windshield!

Old 02-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Texasbrons
Cruiser

Still riding here in KC, MO. Of course after WORK!!

Old 02-02-2012, 09:23 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I RODE TODAY, TOO! Knocked off work about 4:00 PM, rode to the vision center to get my new glasses and prescription riding sunglasses (suddenly, everything's IN FOCUS again!), then down to Killer to pick up the fender paint guard kit for the TG, then to Johnny and Dawn's to see Blue Belle. Johnny let me ride her, too! Beautiful, sweet bike!

We then went to a Mexican place for dinner - Johnny on Blue Belle, me on Buster, and Dawn and ****** (not Morgan! ) in Dawn's little hot rod Mustang. Had a nice time, and just got back home about 20 minutes ago. I think the restaurant was somewhere in Alabama... thought I'd never get home tonight!

It was GREAT getting out and riding today... needed to get away from all the computer crap and clear my head anyway. I am not quite to retirement yet... but I can FEEL IT... and I can't WAIT!!!

Old 02-03-2012, 07:10 AM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Wilinfla
You are correct. I retired 4 weeks ago, I'm still getting used to it. I just turned 54 so I bailed a little early, I figured life is too short. It's really strange not to know what day of the week it is though since every day is a Saturday.
I hear ya. I pulled the plug when I was 54 also....it's been ten years free for me right now. Unquestionably, the best ten years of my life. Staying healthy, and keeping occupied are the two keys to a long run at this life style. I've know too many boys who hang it up, hit the couch and booze bottle, and are dead before you can say "Jack Robinson". Good luck to you.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Wilinfla
Tourer

Originally Posted by Montana Cowboy
I hear ya. I pulled the plug when I was 54 also....it's been ten years free for me right now. Unquestionably, the best ten years of my life. Staying healthy, and keeping occupied are the two keys to a long run at this life style. I've know too many boys who hang it up, hit the couch and booze bottle, and are dead before you can say "Jack Robinson". Good luck to you.
I'm with you, I have been more physically active since I retired last month than when I was working. We moved and I am still unpacking and getting the garage set up. I will have plenty to keep me busy for a long time! My wife will make sure of that. I plan to stay very active, the couch is the enemy.

Quick Reply: I'm Sorry