"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Riding to work tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding to work tomorrow

It's going to be a bit on the chilly side at 40 when I roll out, but I DON'T CARE! I'm beyond antsy to ride. I'll get a little ride time during lunch and then after work. It's these kind of days I wish I lived further than 7 miles from work. Yeah, there always is a long way home, but that involves sitting in a lot of traffic. Gotta love this winter in GA!

I might get lucky if the weather holds and I can ride Thursday too.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:45 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael HD Rider
It's going to be a bit on the chilly side at 40 when I roll out, but I DON'T CARE! I'm beyond antsy to ride. I'll get a little ride time during lunch and then after work. It's these kind of days I wish I lived further than 7 miles from work. Yeah, there always is a long way home, but that involves sitting in a lot of traffic. Gotta love this winter in GA!

NICE, Michael! That's the ONLY drawback to working from home... no chance to RIDE to work...

Old 01-24-2012, 04:56 PM
blkrkg11
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Ditto.....

Old 01-24-2012, 04:59 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthGeorgiaHawg
NICE, Michael! That's the ONLY drawback to working from home... no chance to RIDE to work...
I bet you get on Buster every morning and make Vroom Vroom noises before you fire up the computer..... I would!

Old 01-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by NorthGeorgiaHawg
You need a new mindset on how to get to work. On the nice days you pull Buster out of the garage, circle around Lake Lanier up around 369, and then you park in the driveway. When work is over, you circle back the other way to put Buster away!

Old 01-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Wilinfla
Tourer
Smile

I retired 3 weeks ago so I can't ride to work. I did however get about 100 miles in today! It was foggy here until about 10am, then the sun came out and it's been great all day. I have to wait on the gas guy to come to the house tomorrow so I will be stuck here, if he comes early though I will take advantage of it. This is my 99 Heritage in front of the house this afternoon after my ride, 104K on it and it still runs like a top!

Attached Thumbnails Riding to work tomorrow-img_1342.jpg  
Old 01-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Wilinfla
I retired 3 weeks ago so I can't ride to work. I did however get about 100 miles in today! It was foggy here until about 10am, then the sun came out and it's been great all day. I have to wait on the gas guy to come to the house tomorrow so I will be stuck here, if he comes early though I will take advantage of it. This is my 99 Heritage in front of the house this afternoon after my ride, 104K on it and it still runs like a top!
Sweet ride. Can't wait to meet up and ride with you.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Wilinfla
Tourer

Sweet ride. Can't wait to meet up and ride with you.
Thanks, it's one of those bikes that I will never sell. I have a StreetGlide as well, but the Heritage just feels right sometimes, I can't imagine not having it in the gareage. I had the top end done about 1000 miles ago. When it was taken apart it was in great shape after 103K miles, it still had cross hatching visible on the cylinder walls! I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and having you show me of the great rides in Georgia.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:18 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilinfla
Love that bike!!

Old 01-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

You need a new mindset on how to get to work. On the nice days you pull Buster out of the garage, circle around Lake Lanier up around 369, and then you park in the driveway. When work is over, you circle back the other way to put Buster away!

Sometimes on the way home, I blast right past exit 14 on 575 and keep heading north. I've often found myself in Blairsville before I've decided to turn around and head on home...

Quick Reply: Riding to work tomorrow